• HUTCH

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

paid

Journeyman
What Speeds you getting in Mobile Office

Airtel Mobile Office sucks nowdays I am getting pathetic 3-4KBps with EDGE service in UPEast Lucknow and on EDGE Class10 Nokia 6085 with full signal strength. I have read people getting dream speed of 15-20KBps please help me how to modify the settings or tweaks to get atleast 10KBps I shall be very thankful

Last edited:

int86

You'r Born Free
For last 10-15 days its all over north india.
Nowdays airtel gprs suck.
Anyway, nowdays I began to spend time on social activities

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I think Airtel's is the best.

I am in Kolkata and am getting pretty decent speeds with Airtel EDGE.

OP
P

paid

Journeyman
can you give server IP address from MO settings may be that can be helpful, Handset and average speeds in KB

Last edited:
OP
P

paid

Journeyman
I had read somewhere that S40 phones are much slower in Internet access than S60 is that the reasone I am getting slower speed

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
No way.. In my 6270 which is a series 40 phone, I used to get awesome speed in Airtel EDGE. Lately the speeds have become generally low. Now I'm using N80

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I am using Airtel EDGE right now and the speeds are regularly touching the 200 Kbps mark. Like I said, it is pretty decent. :)

K

krazyfrog

My Mobile Office works decently in morning upto 11 a.m. and then late at night. The rest of the day it sucks.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
aryayush said:
I am using Airtel EDGE right now and the speeds are regularly touching the 200 Kbps mark. Like I said, it is pretty decent. :)
Correction: They are regularly going to 160 Kbps and never venture near 200 Kbps. I made a slight calculation mistake earlier; never was the best when it comes to mathematics. :p

assasin

Banned
@aryayush since ur getting speeds of 160kpbs,i suppose that u hav a EDGE Class 10 enabled fone.
over here i get speeds of 18-25kBps witrh my Nokia 5500 which has EDGE Class 10.if i use a EDGE Class 32 fone supporting D/L speeds of 29.6kBps will i get gr8er D/L speeds in MO?

OP
P

paid

Journeyman
int86 said:
For last 10-15 days its all over north india.
Nowdays airtel gprs suck.
Anyway, nowdays I began to spend time on social activities
I am actually shortlisting the problems so that I can speak to technicians of Nokia or Airtel. Is this problem in North faced by everyone and what avg. speeds you getting with handsets pls. I guess all better speeds are from Bangalore, Mumbai, Calcutta regions

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
hi friends,
can anyone help me in connecting to net thru Airtel Mobile Office.
I recharged 395Rs. for it.
i am using LG C2500.
wen i dials *99# from my Pc i get a error about "PPP Link Termination".
i installed standard 33600bps modem for it.
can anyone help me....

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
@sameer.pur.........
download LG modem driver from their website, standard modem driver is not recommended

OP
P

paid

Journeyman
Finally I got the solution and luckily the problem not with my handset :). Airtel and Nokia CC confirmed that no ISP in North is provding EDGE services hope we human beings in North are also lucky enough to get the best services. why we don't deserve the best grrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom