What ISP to choose for lowest latency/ping?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hey fellas I am using Alliance broadband for last 2.5 years. The entry-level plan of 590 and it was enough since they upgraded the speed to 40+ mbps or whatever, but recently I have started playing some Counter Strike online and the ping is shite. I mean it hovers around 50-80 ms but that's a lot for me. I am located near Calcutta area by the way.

What I want to know is if I move to ADSL BSNL connection would that better anything up? Or should I just opt for their FTTH service, which starts at 777 per month? Heard good things about Airtel V-Fibre but it gives low data per months and not sure whether its available in my area. No idea about Jio fibre service either. Please suggest, which one to take, can't afford expensive connections, that 777 BSNL is even pushing it but can't stand this garbage latency any more.

Thanks in advance.

PM: If anyone is from Kolkata/Howrah area with a BSNL ADSL or FTTH connection kindly inform me, I would just like to you run ping test of three or four CS servers.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even 50-80ms ping is good,I don't think it is possible to get a good ping on major gaming servers(with a few exceptions) on a typical internet connection in India.

Top Bottom