What is PS 2 Moded

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
PS2 modded is a Modified version of the Playstation2, A small electronic device called a modchip is soldered or otherwise planted in the PS2 circuitry, in order to run bootlegged games/ homebrew code in it. For details about modchips please visit - www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/modchip

Who

Guess Who's Back
hey , just to know in india you have a good chance of finding a pirated version of a game then the orignal version of the game for PS 2.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Intel_Gigacore said:
do u mean to play pirated games? is pirated games available for PS2?
Where were you all this time, my friend? :D

There is little or no market for legal games in India.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
although i m not a hardcore gamer....but wud like to tell u PS 2 DVD's are available for Rs .30 in my neighbourhood...n that too the latest titles..

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Intel_Gigacore said:
so its not legal

What, a modchip?

I do not think so, never heard of a way to circumvent copy protection by itself being illegal in India. Its use may be illegal when done for commercial purpose like you mod a console, get a pirated game and then rent out both to people to earn money, but if you mod your PS2 for yourself, its not illegal.

Modding is itself not illegal in India, because of the "make available clause" of DMCA not applying in India, (for that matter none of the clauses of DMCA are applicable in India.)

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Kiran_tech_mania said:
Everything discussed here is illegal here.
Thread Reported.
Everything? How can you be so sure? Where were the rules broken(other than the link in the second post, maybe)?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Apollo said:
Everything? How can you be so sure? Where were the rules broken(other than the link in the second post, maybe)?

Everything implies the core topic under discussion. Chill out mate. :)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Apollo said:

Huh, Since when did referring to Wikipedia become illegal?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Intel_Gigacore said:
Was quite busy in studies :D

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS..........

and

Mr. KIRAN u r welcome to close this thread.

The thread is reported, but moderators haven't locked yet! You are lucky! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom