what is phising & pharming????

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalin

Journeyman
what is phising & pharming???? how to hacker do that, how to we protect work online banking etc.,

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
I do online banking so how can i be safer from myside. what all protection i want to do when online banking

Deep

Version 2.0
i prefer using browsers like Opers specially for online banking or transaction and also keep the machine clean and borwsers / machine updated

Deep

evilGenius

Right off the assembly line
I hope this helps.

PROTECTION FROM PHISING:
Don't click on any link to your banking website from any HTML user interface (email, webpage, messengers etc). Always type in the address manually in the address bar. Don't trust any e-mail asking you for any confidential information. Sending a spoofed e-mail is as easy as writing a fake sender's address on the back of the envelope. Some e-mails may not mention about passwords/PIN at all in the body of the e-mail. Instead it may mention about some innocuous thing like free upgrade or whatever and link you to a webpage that requires you to log-in. There you go!

PROTECTION FROM PHARMING:
There's bad news and good news fro you. Bad news: as a regular user, there's nothing you can do about it. Good news: It's not common and easy as phising. It's not entirely correct to say that there's nothing you can do about pharming. Maybe, only maybe, there's one thing you can do - suggest your ISP/the concerned company to let extremely competent hackers with character administer their servers (DNS, HTTP, IRC whatever) and not some MCA/MCSE/MC... bookworm.

--

Always run updated antivirus and antispywares on your computer. Make sure you have installed all the crucial fixes to your computer. And BE VERY VERY PARANOID.

Edit: I didn't include the definitions of phising and pharming cos I assumed you'd already looked them up on Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom