[Query] What are chances of getting a brand new drive?

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
hey all,i had a seagate 1tb 7200.12 which was making tick tick sound while powering on & off,and wierd rotating noise while i access the drive.It has warranty till july-2014.I submitted it for rma at accelfrontline bangalore on 5th november they said it will take 7 working days to get replacement.
To my suprise yesterday i checked the status of my rma they have already shipped my replacement drive and today evening i got message from accelfrontline that the replacement has arrive and to collect it.
So will i get a repaired drive or a brand new drive.
Anyhow quite taken aback by there service.:)

OP
S

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
Chance of getting a brand new HDD?

hi all,
I have seagate 1tb 7200.12 hdd and it was making tick tick sound while powering on & off and weird spinning noise while accessing the drive.So thought of giving it to rma but i doubted they will accept the drive for rma as it was working and it has warranty till july-2014.
On 5th november i took the hdd to accelfrontline bangalore,before that i registered my hdd and my details and got a reg no.I took a token at the counter and submitted the hdd for rma and they said it will take 7-10 working days for replacement.
Yesterday,checked my e-mail and surprised to see that my replacement drive has already shipped from singapore. Today got the message from accelfrontline that my replacement drive has arrived.
Voila,i got my replacement in 3 days simply awesome.:shock:
Will i get a repaired drive or new drive.

drkks

Banned
I also had the same query with my drive and e-mailed the Seagate support team regarding the same. I know you have got your answer. If it helps, I got this reply:-

"Our warranty policy is that all replacement drives are refurbished drives. The drive will go through a stringent check by our engineers before releasing them to our customers.

We also do not provide any repair service for our drives.

Should you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at the phone numbers listed in the link below according to the country you are located in at the moment during office hours."

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Seagate always returns back REFURBISHED drives,never NEW drives.But their ASS(After Sales Service) and customer care is praiseworthy here at Kolkata,at least to my experience.

Top Bottom