What am I missing if I don't use an IOS device?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hello all,
A year or two ago I got a MacBook Pro and I have been using it for some time now. Ive been adjusting with an Android Phone till now however my phone is a bit aged and worn and its likely Ill probably get a new phone shortly. Especially since the battery seems top be dying much faster now. My question is before I spend on a device what am I missing out on if I choose to go with an Android Phone instead of an iPhone? Ive heard people talking about lack of synchronisation and also Ive had a difficulty of transferring files (Android File Transfer is sort of primitive) . Id like to know what I would be ideally missing in either case. That is if I do choose an iPhone what the Pros and Cons are when I use my laptop. Are the features worthwhile. Are there workarounds that would make my Android device function the same way or similar (third party apps ) ?

Just would like to know what Im missing out on as an Android User using a MacBook. I apologise if the question is too broad but IM not sure how else to put it . Thanks in advance.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Hello all,
A year or two ago I got a MacBook Pro and I have been using it for some time now. Ive been adjusting with an Android Phone till now however my phone is a bit aged and worn and its likely Ill probably get a new phone shortly. Especially since the battery seems top be dying much faster now. My question is before I spend on a device what am I missing out on if I choose to go with an Android Phone instead of an iPhone? Ive heard people talking about lack of synchronisation and also Ive had a difficulty of transferring files (Android File Transfer is sort of primitive) . Id like to know what I would be ideally missing in either case. That is if I do choose an iPhone what the Pros and Cons are when I use my laptop. Are the features worthwhile. Are there workarounds that would make my Android device function the same way or similar (third party apps ) ?

Just would like to know what Im missing out on as an Android User using a MacBook. I apologise if the question is too broad but IM not sure how else to put it . Thanks in advance.

Things will go smooth with a macbook if you have iPhone. But do remember, iPhone does not support bluetooth file sharing. You will notice a great difference in UI and features too.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You wont miss anything, dont use android file transfer on mac. Use Open MTP.
I use a OP7 Pro and a Macbook for work usage, I get by just fine. Obviously there's no airdrop between mac and android but thats about it

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
You wont miss anything, dont use android file transfer on mac. Use Open MTP.
I use a OP7 Pro and a Macbook for work usage, I get by just fine. Obviously there's no airdrop between mac and android but thats about it

Thanks! I tried this out on my Phone and unfortunately I run into a problem connecting for some reason.
Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 12.14.57 PM.png

Unfortunately my phone happens to be a Samsung too. Hopefully this will change soon too :) .

Things will go smooth with a macbook if you have iPhone. But do remember, iPhone does not support bluetooth file sharing. You will notice a great difference in UI and features too.
Thanks . Still figuring out all the features. I'm trying to see if I can get an iPhone to check out the features when I pair it with my MacBook and use it a bit.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Air Drop and stuff is very convenient to transfer files. No pairing is needed. Just search and send.

Usually if you already have a Mac, makes sense to invest in an iPhone.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Thanks all. Still playing around with my options will make post if I do purchase something. Cheers.

Top Bottom