went to lamington::review about casette world

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnet

Youngling
so i went to lamington to buy a new keyboard +some accessories...........frnd of mine also came to buy a printer...someone recommended him casette world so we went there......

first frnd bought the canon printer...got that easily...2200 bucks(vat applied l8er at 4%).....then i asked 4 keyboard.....he said logitech 350 same about microsoft.....i took microsoft(dealer told no one uses mutimedia keyboard keys- i agree i 2)..frnd told get logitech it is smooth so i asked the dealer to show logitech(suddenly the owner got angry....saying u want to c as if we dont have other customers.......psycho kahi ka---yup there were many customers so no prob he may b right or whtever..vat applied here too 14rs@4%)...then we asked r8 of cds....imation 8rs and moserbaer he told 275 bucks for 25......also enquired about discman(none were with fm so we left).................
nuthin important about this

now i went to frnd house..and when we open the printer....we found the usb cable required to connect the printer to cpu was missing....i dont know why the dealer didnt told about this(my frnd enquired how is the connection with comp--dealer told via usb).....now my frnd is upset...it takes almost an hour frm our house to lamigton...also my frnd is not that rich...so he told he will again go to lamington l8er rather than buying one frm mobile store.......

i think we or atlest me wont buy frm the shop again.........i have plug and play in mind...and heard about computer selection and prime(can someone giv me its xact location or nearby landmark)

we bought cds of moserbaer frm roadside...at rs 9 for 100.....guy told within 2 days r8 will go high as vat is being applied........

i need advice about discman..........most probably a branded one ..requirements..playing cds+fm radio+visual display on screen....thats it......giv the brand name and price also want to buy a headphone with mic..any idea about that????

note:::i posted this stuff in this section..if i m wrong plz let me know for future purpose

Nice story. Makes for a good read. Hope more forum users sent in contributions like this. I'm no good at contri's on tech shopping. Anyway I have a few on Thai girls :wink: at *www.stickmanbangkok.com/reader7.html. Can you spot 'em?? :lol:

lateshgalia

Right off the assembly line
I totally agree with magnet. Specially the elder guy (the one at cashier) is quite rude. I recommend the other shop sticking to casette world the one on left from outside of casette world. The owner of the shop is polite and doesnt get angry or rude if u ask for 10things and buy none.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
by the way the cannon printer does not come with a usb cable i too had the very same problem and had to go 10Km to get a usb cable.

tuxfan

Technomancer
pradeep_chauhan is right. The printer doesn't come with printer cable. It is separate. Anyway, the fellow at the shop should have at least mentioned that to you.

As for Discman, About 5-6 months ago, I got Panasonic from Heera Panna (since you are in Mumbai, you know what/where this is ;)). It has ACD, VCD, MP3, Tuner and an LCD display with remote. I don't remember the price accurately, but it was somewhere around 3500 to 4000.

Just move around in 1-2 shops, settle down on a model and ask the price of that model in some more shops. That could give you the best bargain. :)

OP
M

magnet

Youngling
thks tuxfan.frnd got usb cable for 95 bucks now..ya at lamington there wasnt any gud discman...btw for handphones also is there ny company mentioned?????basic requirment is decent headphone with mic...

tuxfan

Technomancer
Headphones with mic are so damn cheap now-a-days that you don't both too much about the brand. Whatever be your budget, you will find something that fits it. :) The more you pay, the better will be the quality. But for normal use, don't pay anything more than Rs. 200. Or is that high too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom