Website Suggestion?

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
Hi friends i like to read books.I Know many of us love to read as many books as possible but the price of the books restrain us from the same.

I think i would start a website like ebay only thing diffrent is the site usage will be free and it is just like a classified especially for used books in INDIA only.

A site where users can post their books for selling and any one can come and buy them using any method of payment they prefer.

How about the idea is it good before starting such site i need maximum support not financial but as users so please replay if you like and love to have such site.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
You can't sell certain books without taking permission from original author or writer. What kind of books you want to sell?

OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
Actually i am not selling any book i want to create a site where users can list the books they have and sell it
Just like we sell old cars bikes like things i don't think we need permission from writer for that bcoz users are selling the copies of book they have that they purchased with hard earned money.

yashthedude

Gonna rock da whole world
Actually i am not selling any book i want to create a site where users can list the books they have and sell it
Just like we sell old cars bikes like things i don't think we need permission from writer for that bcoz users are selling the copies of book they have that they purchased with hard earned money.

You want a domain or free website??

OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
actully i want to gain support that way i can make sure that people will come and use the site lets say it is just like an advertisement.I have create many site like a site for animals like details of them but due to less traffic i closed it.I am thinking to build a online used book shop where users can come and sell their used books.I don't want the history to be repeated.So is it good and feasible.If you are interested may be i need a partner in this

yashthedude

Gonna rock da whole world
actully i want to gain support that way i can make sure that people will come and use the site lets say it is just like an advertisement.I have create many site like a site for animals like details of them but due to less traffic i closed it.I am thinking to build a online used book shop where users can come and sell their used books.I don't want the history to be repeated.So is it good and feasible.If you are interested may be i need a partner in this

So u need a business mind or an MBA top student to do that
first of all u have to make ur budget
not a small one

a big.one........................!!

then you have to advertise your site on diferent sites and newspapers.

Then ur TRP will be high

I can be ur partner

Last edited:

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Don't want to sound like I am stealing your idea, but I had the exact same idea, and I have been developing the same site for ages now. It should be ready in a couple of weeks, but will only cover delhi area.

OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
Don't want to sound like I am stealing your idea, but I had the exact same idea, and I have been developing the same site for ages now. It should be ready in a couple of weeks, but will only cover delhi area.
Could you please tell me how much money you are spending on this purpose.I also like to limit the site to only keralite and and i don't about you but i am not planning to buy the books myself and sell them instead i like to have classified site for books.Please tell me how was your site and hows the budget you are spending.Especially on the advertisement matters.I am planning to use free CMS for site and shared webhosting now.

Well, some peeps from my college were into this idea, and they are almost near completing it, for the district of Ernakulam that is. But it is not via any website and for profit, but charity. This idea is not new but I think it would not work well among medical/engineering students, because of the obvious reason.

What kind of a person are you? Development/Management?
And if it is domain+hosting charges that you are worried about, you can get a .co.in domain for less than 200/- for a year and premium hosting at 3600/-.

OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
Well, some peeps from my college were into this idea, and they are almost near completing it, for the district of Ernakulam that is. But it is not via any website and for profit, but charity. This idea is not new but I think it would not work well among medical/engineering students, because of the obvious reason.

What kind of a person are you? Development/Management?
And if it is domain+hosting charges that you are worried about, you can get a .co.in domain for less than 200/- for a year and premium hosting at 3600/-.

Well i am not worried about domain and hosting.I am worried about the advertisement so that i can attract people.And i am not looking for any specific field its just like classified on the newspaper where you can list any used book you have,irrespective of their category.I am in to development of website.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Could you please tell me how much money you are spending on this purpose.I also like to limit the site to only keralite and and i don't about you but i am not planning to buy the books myself and sell them instead i like to have classified site for books.Please tell me how was your site and hows the budget you are spending.Especially on the advertisement matters.I am planning to use free CMS for site and shared webhosting now.
I am coding the site in php-mysql myself, so expenditure till now is zero.
And yes mine is also a classified site.
as far as spending money on advertisement, that is the department of my partner (sister :) ). But I can give you one tip, if you do advertise online using google adwords, you can restrict area to only one city or state(kerala in your case). Also you can get a 100$ google adwords coupon for like 5$. Be warned that this coupon is only valid for new users). Thats one way I am planning to advertise.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
You need
1)Lots of Capital
2)A innovative idea.(Maybe offer something free with it,Or say loyalty points? Per x.rs 2 point or soo.Which can be redeemed for discount on books)
3)Start with .in then move to .com
4)Tweet a lot about it

Well i am not worried about domain and hosting.I am worried about the advertisement so that i can attract people.And i am not looking for any specific field its just like classified on the newspaper where you can list any used book you have,irrespective of their category.I am in to development of website.

Take Partnership into consideration?Maybe you and a friend who is really good in management etc?

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Since we are on the topic, can I ask you all to suggest features that you would like to see in a books classified sort of site ?
ty

Top Bottom