Website for college fest!

Dangerous Dave

Digital Marketer
Well we(I and my friends) have to design website for College fest Confluence 2010-2011 . we want to make website like IIT Delhi Fest or IIT Bombay Moodi. I want to know how to go about it... and where should we get best hosting from?

web

Right off the assembly line
The next step is get a good domain for your fest from a domain provider like godaddy.com, name.com etc etc

Then buy hosting from your desired hoster(personally I prefer Hostgator.com)

Then upload your pages

abhidev

Human Spambot
There are many comapanies that provide hosting services...if your site is gonna be content oriented...as in you guys will hv to update content on your site frequently..then i would suggest adopt a CMS like wordpress.

OP
Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave

Digital Marketer
Just check out the website Confluence 11

Domain taken from Godaddy and hosting from HostSo - Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

ashishverma88

Just check out the website Confluence 11

Domain taken from Godaddy and hosting from HostSo - Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

Your site looks good. What u can also do is use proper title tags or banners so that it could highlight more about the event.
Like, u said that it is related to your college fest, so "highlight" these points.

Also wat u can do is to use marquee tag. Try to display some of the main events into the homepage (say about the chief guest or any other USP)

Also you have chosen "go daddy" for hosting.Thumbs up on that.

Ashish

Last edited:
OP
Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave

Digital Marketer
Your site looks good. What u can also do is use proper title tags or banners so that it could highlight more about the event.
Like, u said that it is related to your college fest, so "highlight" these points.

Also wat u can do is to use marquee tag. Try to display some of the main events into the homepage (say about the chief guest or any other USP)

Also you have chosen "go daddy" for hosting.Thumbs up on that.

Ashish

thanks

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
It looks good.. but personally I don't like website completely made in flash.
I suggest to use HTML, CSS with jQuery/ ajax

web

It looks good.. but personally I don't like website completely made in flash.
I suggest to use HTML, CSS with jQuery/ ajax

I don't think so it's completely made of flash.

They have made the use of HTML and CSS

Top Bottom