wd 1tb Purple Cavier

kirat

Right off the assembly line
Is wd 1tb purple cavier is good for desktop.
My usage is browsing, storage,music,videos

DK_WD

WD Official
Is wd 1tb purple cavier is good for desktop.
My usage is browsing, storage,music,videos

Hi Kirat,

I am glad to help you out. For your information, any WD internal drive can be used as a boot drive in PC. In WD, there are different type of drives represented by different colors. As you want the WD purple drive to use as a primary or secondary drive there will be no issue. The WD Purple drive highly recommended to use for Security purpose, but if you use as a normal drive, it will function like a normal hard drive too. It has inbuilt function to view videos in high-definition framework. To check the specification of WD purple, you may refer to the link below.

WD Purple Surveillance Storage .

As per your need, I suggest you to go with the WD Black or WD Blue. The WD Blue and WD Black drive used for normal computing like Storage, Gaming, Performance and etc.

The following colors describe the specifications for WD HDD.

WD Black = Speed/high end use, extended warranty.
WD Black | Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drives .

WD Blue = Solid performance.
WD Blue | Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drives .

Hope it helps.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Hi Kirat,

I am glad to help you out. For your information, any WD internal drive can be used as a boot drive in PC. In WD, there are different type of drives represented by different colors. As you want the WD purple drive to use as a primary or secondary drive there will be no issue. The WD Purple drive highly recommended to use for Security purpose, but if you use as a normal drive, it will function like a normal hard drive too. It has inbuilt function to view videos in high-definition framework. To check the specification of WD purple, you may refer to the link below.

WD Purple Surveillance Storage .

As per your need, I suggest you to go with the WD Black or WD Blue. The WD Blue and WD Black drive used for normal computing like Storage, Gaming, Performance and etc.

The following colors describe the specifications for WD HDD.

WD Black = Speed/high end use, extended warranty.
WD Black | Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drives .

WD Blue = Solid performance.
WD Blue | Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drives .

Hope it helps.

dear official i would take this oppurtunity to ask you why is there no higher capacity wd blue, there is 2TB wd black but no wd blue.............

quicky008

Technomancer
How much does the 1tb purple caviar drive cost?Is it more reliable than WD Green caviar 1tb drives that are widely available at most computer shops?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stop chasing after "reliable hdd" as no hdd is 100% reliable & no hdd can claim itself to be even 10% more reliable than others under all conditions.Always buy 2 smaller hdd instead of a single big one or buy a single big one & make a backup of only the most essential data on a smaller hdd.

DK_WD

WD Official
dear official i would take this oppurtunity to ask you why is there no higher capacity wd blue, there is 2TB wd black but no wd blue.............

Hey Gagan Kumar,

Thanks for your interest in WD Blue. You know, I'm not sure why by myself, but I've make sure to pass your question to our marketing and R&D division. I'm kind of curious myself too. :|

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Hey Gagan Kumar,

Thanks for your interest in WD Blue. You know, I'm not sure why myself, but I've made sure to pass your question to our marketing and R&D division. I'm kind of curious myself too. :|

nice to know there is some one officially representing wd here........thanks for fast reply ...................

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Stop chasing after "reliable hdd" as no hdd is 100% reliable & no hdd can claim itself to be even 10% more reliable than others under all conditions.Always buy 2 smaller hdd instead of a single big one or buy a single big one & make a backup of only the most essential data on a smaller hdd.

+10000
i have lost too much data on many HDDs (Seagate, Samsung, Toshiba, Lacie and i don't remember which else :D ) ! at present, i am still using a 40gb samsung IDE drive working perfectly all right (as OS drive on this computer) and lost one 500gb seagate sata some 2 1/2 years back that was bought much later.

quicky008

Technomancer
But i've been told that WD green caviar drives usually have a high failure rate-thats the reason i wanted to know whether caviar purple was a better choice than Wd green or not.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
All that depends on how you use it.e.g.most of the WD Green failures were reported from the forums where people were using them in raid or small NAS boxes.In a typical average user environment their failure should be similar to others.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
7-8 hrs is quite average use.In my opinion just make sure to get the hdd from a big store(preferably a WD dealer) as there are less chances of rough handling during transport to their shop.This is also why i never purchase hdd online.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Are you still using a mobo with IDE port?

yes, its Gigabyte 81915! wanted to upgrade since the times of Chandragupta Maurya but due to one problem or another (Core2Duo or Core2Quad.......... continued) couldn't. right now having no money as we spent everything in mom's treatment since March 2010. hopefully i will buy a Laptop soon (desktop may follow later if funds are available) provided some funds are arranged and a decision whether to buy M or U processor though I have almost finalized on U (i.e. Dell inspiron 5447 or similar) as i won't be encoding any movie (may enhance a little while viewing).

Top Bottom