Watch or Smartwatch

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a watch. I was searching about the same and I stumbled across these Samsung gear watches. They are pretty cool and have nice features. But I was not able to find a demo watch in the showrooms to check the build quality etc. Are these smartwatches really worth 28k? Is anyone using it here?

Thanks

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Smartwatches have evolved much over the last two years, but they are no where near acceptable for daily use for most of us. The primary challenge still remains the battery life and will be so for at least next two to three years. Serviceability will be an issue when the battery starts to die. Smartwatches will remain to be in the niche market for a few more years until battery-tech breakthroughs filter down to these devices.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
28k for a smartwatch? :shock:
Those are not standalone and need a phone to be able to use all features. Case and point this review:
I'd rather buy a good normal watch for 1-2k max than spend 28k on a "smart" watch which'll get outdated in a year.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Smartwatches have evolved much over the last two years, but they are no where near acceptable for daily use for most of us. The primary challenge still remains the battery life and will be so for at least next two to three years. Serviceability will be an issue when the battery starts to die. Smartwatches will remain to be in the niche market for a few more years until battery-tech breakthroughs filter down to these devices.
Actually Samsung's watches use the same technology as AOD so the battery draining isn't an issue but yes that battery changing thing is a mess. I asked in the market today about the watch. Got to know that it costs 2.5-4k to change the battery. The watch is super cool though.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
28k for a smartwatch? :shock:
Those are not standalone and need a phone to be able to use all features. Case and point this review:
I'd rather buy a good normal watch for 1-2k max than spend 28k on a "smart" watch which'll get outdated in a year.

Well its not just a watch. It can do many other things. Yes I would pair it with my phone. With the technology pace that is going on these days, you can buy an electronic item and it will be outdated in a year.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Asus Zenwatch 2 Silver Case with Metal Strap Smartwatch Price in India - Buy Asus Zenwatch 2 Silver Case with Metal Strap Smartwatch online at Flipkart.com

8.9k offer price
Brother half of the review says that it sucks. Moreover that silver strap is a big no. Zenwatch 3 is available in black and has very good features and reviews but it is OOS.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I haven't looked into it recently. There are many options.
Bhai mere Zenwatch 3 is perfect but it is not available anywhere. The stores in my city haven't even heard about it. Is there any other alternative?
How are these hybrid one's?
Q Hybrid Smartwatches - Fossil India

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
don't waste money on smartwatch, instead get a good quality watch from good brand.
but if u have lots of money then u can consider buying a smartwatch.

IMO they are not worth at all (except the fitness trackers)

Top Bottom