Warranty on online purchase Thread

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys, i am totally confused by the warranty policies issued by Manufacturers and retail sites like Flipkart. Companies like Karbonn/Micromax refuse to service the mobile if purchased online. I had gone to service my Karbonn A15. They had asked me to submit the copy of invoice for warranty approval ,which i did. Now whenever i go, they say company has not approved/not approving ,hence they cant do anything. I raised hue and cry there to no avail. I dint really want to aggarvate it further as the people there are 3rd class.

Even i read a review on amazon for a micromax mobile, where service center refused service. I am now seeing even Lenovo comes in same category . And also canon and nikon have issued advisory.

Does this mean reputed companies like canon and nikon also will refuse to service under warranty ?

I hope we can update this thread with news/customer experiences regarding shady policies surrounding online purchases.

*www.nextbigwhat.com/no-warranty-for-online-products-lenovo-297/

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
that is bullshit from such companies.. what reason did they give you/?? what things do they want to approve??
tell them that you are going to consumer court. if still they do not give any positive feedback, then do the same..

- - - Updated - - -

edit:

have you contacted carbonn email support?? if not, do it first..

tkin

Back to school!!
Well, Lenovo do say that warranty might not be given if bought from flipkart: *www.lenovo.com/in/en/
Karbonn or micromax do not have such notices. So they are obliged to give you service.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Well, Lenovo do say that warranty might not be given if bought from flipkart: *www.lenovo.com/in/en/
Karbonn or micromax do not have such notices. So they are obliged to give you service.

lenovo did not explicitly mentioned that warranty will not be provided.they are probably ensuring to check the genuineness..

Top Bottom