Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
SEPTEMBER 4, 2007, 6:39 PM
Warning: Joke Ahead

I’m worried about America. Everybody knows we have an energy deficit, a courtesy deficit and a fiscal deficit. But what I’m worried about is the humor deficit.

Last year, in one of my videos, I mocked Microsoft for its lack of creativity in adding new features to Windows Vista. Fully 40 of the new features were, by Microsoft’s own admission, copied from Apple’s Mac OS X.

So in my 100 percent sarcastic video, I attempted to “prove” that Microsoft did not copy from Apple. I displayed Apple’s and Microsoft’s versions of these features side-by-side, and pointed the small, pointless differences that “clearly” demonstrated no evidence of mimicry. Apple’s instant-search menu is in the upper-RIGHT corner of the screen, I said, but Microsoft’s is in the lower-LEFT—so Microsoft obviously is not really copying! Apple’s mini-apps are called “widgets,” but Microsoft’s are called “gadgets”— obviously not the same thing. And so on. Read more...

[Via Pogue's Posts]

[Disclaimer: A very funny and true post and has hardly anything to do with Apple/Microsoft. :p]

vish786

"The Gentleman"
aryayush said:
Apple’s instant-search menu is in the upper-RIGHT corner of the screen, I said, but Microsoft’s is in the lower-LEFT—so Microsoft obviously is not really copying! Apple’s mini-apps are called “widgets,” but Microsoft’s are called “gadgets”— obviously not the same thing. And so on.

:D

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Seen the video long time back on youtube.
This video is obviously by some Mac fanatic who hates windows.
The sarcastic innuendos are all directed at Microsoft Windows though no clear explanation is given.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
freshseasons said:
Seen the video long time back on youtube.
This video is obviously by some Mac fanatic who hates windows.
The sarcastic innuendos are all directed at Microsoft Windows though no clear explanation is given.
Your post would have made some sense had the host of that video not been the author of a plethora of books on Windows and other Microsoft software and technologies. He is the author of the bestselling Windows Vista: The Missing Manual.

It's just that, like any remotely sensible person, he has used both operating systems extensively and therefore, quite obviously, prefers the better one. And in you guys' opinion, anyone who says anything in favour of any Apple product is a "Mac fanatic" OR "fanboy" or "salesman" or whatever you guys come up with. Shame, really.

pillainp

Journeyman
aryayush said:
Your post would have made some sense had the host of that video not been the author of a plethora of books on Windows and other Microsoft software and technologies. He is the author of the bestselling Windows Vista: The Missing Manual.

It's just that, like any remotely sensible person, he has used both operating systems extensively and therefore, quite obviously, prefers the better one. And in you guys' opinion, anyone who says anything in favour of any Apple product is a "Mac fanatic" OR "fanboy" or "salesman" or whatever you guys come up with. Shame, really.
And your post, my dear friend, would have made some sense, if you had something to say for yourself, rathere than just copying and pasting someone else's opinion.

pillainp

Journeyman
No one's.....

There is simply no point in talking to you about it. You will simply scour the web, find and article and then copy and paste it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom