Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2

OP
true_lies

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Holy shit this looks good! Seeing it first time. Looks like combination of Doom+Darksiders+DMC? The suit looks like one of characters from Unreal Tournament too. I have not played any Warhammer game till now but this one really looking good.
Warhammer franchise sale going on right now on steam. The first one is a great third person hack & slash shooter hybrid, albeit a decade old. You can play the Dawn of War series as well if you like strategy games. The new Boltgun is old school Doom style. The lore around 40K is awesome and what drew me in.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Holy shit this looks good! Seeing it first time. Looks like combination of Doom+Darksiders+DMC? The suit looks like one of characters from Unreal Tournament too. I have not played any Warhammer game till now but this one really looking good.
You should try Space Marine 1. It's generally pretty cheap on Steam and gets huge discounts during sales.

Check out the debut trailer for Space Marine 1 from 2011 (couldn't find a video with English subtitles):

Edit:

Try it out: *store.steampowered.com/app/55150/Warhammer_40000_Space_Marine__Anniversary_Edition/

It's on 75% discount right now. Don't buy the DLCs, those are only for multiplayer.

Warhammer franchise sale going on right now on steam. The first one is a great third person hack & slash shooter hybrid, albeit a decade old. You can play the Dawn of War series as well if you like strategy games. The new Boltgun is old school Doom style. The lore around 40K is awesome and what drew me in.
Same. I am a huge Warhammer 40000 nut. I have read several of the books and played most of the popular games.

IMO any fan of Warhammer 40000 must play Dawn of War series and Space Marine at the very least.

I bought Boltgun recently. Good game but too easy IMO (or the Space Marines are too OP lol). I might try it on a higher difficulty.

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Strategy games are not my cup of tea, never tried it. I will check the single player story mode versions though.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If you guys want to discuss the lore of Warhammer 40000, we have a thread dedicated to that - *geek.digit.in/community/threads/warhammer-40000-discussion.154886/
Strategy games are not my cup of tea, never tried it. I will check the single player story mode versions though.
I actually got into Warhammer 40000 from Dawn of War series. When I played as the Space Marines in Dark Crusade, I almost immediately found them fascinating. They are post-human super-soldiers who have a very monk-like culture and a strong sense of fraternity among them. Plus, the impression I got was that there is more to the lore than presented in the game. So, I went down the rabbit hole and discovered more lore: The Emperor of Mankind, the Imperium, Psykers, Xenos, Chaos, etc.

The Adeptus Astartes (commonly called as Space Marines) were especially fascinating. They are said to be stronger and faster than regular humans by orders of magnitude. I wanted to see what it would be like to see one in action, close-up. And in 2008 Relic announced Warhammer 4000 Space Marine and that debut trailer (the one I posted above) blew my mind to actually see a Space Marine in combat. That just made me a bigger fan of them.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This looks lit AF.

I am fairly certain one of the voices in the beginning is Leandros and he became a captain like I thought lol.

If you don't know, Leandros is one of Titus' companions in the original Space Marine game. The "The Codex Astartes does not support this action" guy.

OP
true_lies

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Leandros seemed likely to return in this. I'm more interested in the second faction in the game. Chaos being the archenemy is probably a given at this point.
SM2 WR.jpg

Near the end in this trailer is a warp rift with chaos daemons pouring out. Saw in a breakdown about these being Daemons of Tzeentch. In that case expect to see Thousand Sons maybe?
Still would have have liked some more Waaagh!

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I wanted to see Eldar or perhaps Tau.

Orks and Chaos was already done in SM1.

Near the end in this trailer is a warp rift with chaos demons pouring out. Saw in a breakdown about these being Daemons of Tzeentch. In that case expect to see Thousand Sons maybe?
Yeah, I'd like to see 1k Sons if possible. Rubric marines especially. Though Tzeentch is also a nice change from Khorne daemons in SM1.

Top Bottom