Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 3

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
At long last, the sun rises on a new age of battle! Warhammer® 40,000®: Dawn of War® III is coming…

*i.imgur.com/jM6ec3O.png

*i.imgur.com/1ZJM3Ei.jpg

Step into the nightmare of brutal galactic warfare with the Dawn of War III worldwide announce trailer!

Watch the battlefield come to life, and death, as you’ve never seen it before as Space Marines, Eldar and Ork slip ever deeper into the darkness of endless war.

According to Sega's press release, the new game "combines the epic scale of Dawn of War, with the customization and elite heroes of Dawn of War II", meaning the second game's more squad-focused approach has been scaled back somewhat.​

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

:hyper:

- - - Updated - - -

Orks, Eldar and Space Marines. Probably the first time Imperial Knights are shown in the games.

- - - Updated - - -

See this guy's reaction at around 19:33

Alok

Adventurer
^lol such excitement :eek:mg:

trailer looks great . wow Im in :D

- - - Updated - - -

though sega's CoH 2 was not up to the mark . I hope they make good one this time.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If you didn't know already, I am a rabid 40k nutter.

Also, this one will have base building, a feature that wasn't a part of DOW2.

Dawn of War III announced: base-building returns with large scale battles and "biggest units ever" | PCGames

- - - Updated - - -

^lol such excitement :eek:mg:

trailer looks great . wow Im in :D

- - - Updated - - -

though sega's CoH 2 was not up to the mark . I hope they make good one this time.

COH2 required a lot of micromanagement, otherwise it was ok.

Alok

Adventurer
I tell you what , I got DoW 1 GOTY ,2 , Retribution and Space marine in my library but never played them :facepalm:

- - - Updated - - -

Is it like Command and Conquer , alien vs human ?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's much more than that. I have just given a lecture on the lore of 40k in the TDF Telegram group. I don't have the energy to do so again.

But in short, Dawn Of War 1 tells the story of the Blood Ravens chapter of the Space Marines (one of the most elite forces of the Imperium Of Man) as they try to rid the planet of Tartarus off Orks (similar to LOTR Orcs but with crude modern weapons and a boner for warfare). But then it becomes a battle of saving the planet from the forces of Chaos.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said there are different storylines in each games of the series.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
read it all, I'll start DoW 1 :p

DoW 1 is pretty good. One of the best voice acting and good story.

- - - Updated - - -

Some screens from the PCGamer preview article: Dawn of War 3: inside Relic's biggest RTS yet | PC Game

*cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/bRNzRsaDJieNeZKeMfEw4H-650-80.jpg

*cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/6Pqc2ZPME28GLxGNZoELmL-650-80.jpg

gameranand

Living to Play
Hollyyy Shyte.....Thats something. Good thing I bought that HB bundle on Desmond's suggestion. Otherwise would had regretted terribly after seeing this.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You should see Dawn Of War 2 multiplayer battles. 3v3 battles are epic:

Early game is a bit slow, but by the end, it becomes a total shitstorm.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Gameplay footage will be revealed at E3 June 13th.

Live at the E3 PC Gaming Show! - Dawn of War Foru

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Frigging finally some action.

That Knight just wrecks and those Assault Marines jump just like I imagined.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Won't preorder. Those who played the game days that it's not that good. If reviews are bad then will get it during sales.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah could be. Haven't read much about it in past months. But the gameplay looks really cool though, the Super giants and magicians and what not. One man to take on army. Saw several gameplay videos and I was quite impressed TBH. :)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My main complaint is that they are making it too similar to StarCraft. And the art design seems just wrong for Warhanmer 40k. This is everyone's complaint because Dawn Of War 2 captured the setting more accurately.

Cover system is made too simplistic. Dawn Of War 2 had a cover system similar to Company Of Heroes, as in your units take cover behind rocks, walls, debris, etc. In DOW3 there are fixed circular areas that you have to capture and then it acts like cover.

Also different voice actor for Gabriel Angelos, so people pissed because of that as well.

And there will only be one multiplayer mode, that too is a type of MOBA.

This one seems like a severe downgrade in almost all aspects except graphics. The graphics are awesome and the new extra large units are a welcome addition.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom