Want Ubuntu / Gnome copy dialogue to change ? Speak now

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Many of us use Ubuntu or Gnome. While there are great things about it, there are a lot of things that can improve. Among them is the meagre copy dialogue which comes nowhere near what we get in Windows 10. I have started an issue with Gnome > Nautilus

Copying dialogue has very little info (#1279) · Issues · GNOME / nautilus · GitLab

If you wish to make the change effective, give up-votes to the issue and participate.

In short, if you want more than this in your copy dialogue, talk to them

gnome shell copy progress.png

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Current one is quite clean and streamlined. Maybe you can try something like this :

Install UltraCopier (alternative of teracopy) on Ubuntu - Grepitout

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I think the issue is not getting attention since it's not related to GNome, rather related to nautilus?

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
It is now in Nautilus issue list. I get confused while moving video files. At times, when the transfer is very slow, I want to skip a couple of them and get minimum. Since the info is very less, there is no choice. I love how they do it in Windows 10.

I am still to try Ultra copier, but displaying transferring file name is kind of basic info. Thanks for the input.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
...At times, when the transfer is very slow, I want to skip a couple of them and get minimum. Since the info is very less, there is no choice. I love how they do it in Windows 10.
Umm.. how do they do in Windows 10? Win 10 copy dialog also doesn't let skip copying certain files.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
For mass copying I never use windows in built copier,main reason being its inability to preserve time stamps of files/folders.

Top Bottom