Want to upgade CPU, MOBO and RAM.

kapilove77

Padawan
Hi all,

Hi Guys,

Looking to upgrade to a new build for gaming.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: 90% gaming and 10% Might be streaming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 45k. Can extend to 50k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Maybe

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 Pro

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: I already have 256 GB + 128 GB SSD. 5 TB Hard Disk.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Already have one. LG 32 INCH 1440P 144Hz Monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have corsair 650 Tx PSU, Cabinet, Hard Disk, SSD, Mouse, Keyboard and GTX 970.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: December or Q1 2021

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes. Have decent experience as this build will be my 2nd build.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi. Will prefer to buy locally. But if cannot find locally will buy online but from trusted on such as MDComputers. etc, Prime Abgb.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: A thank you in advance. Appreciated your response.

Please suggest me decent options in this budget as my main focus will be gaming. I don't need GPU for now as i have GTX 970 and might upgrade in future when prices will stabilize for GPU. RAM need to be 3600 MHz.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It either has to be Intel i7-10700K (okay pricing) + Z490 motherboard (overpriced).

Or,

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (overpriced) + B550 motherboard (okay pricing).

What do you want to go for?

There is Ryzen 5 5600X (6 cores) out there as well. But it's almost priced same as i7-10700K (8 cores).

OP
kapilove77

kapilove77

Padawan
Picked online 5600x for 28500. Now mobo and RAM left to buy.

is it good option for mobo?

*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08B4THL9P/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG

Top Bottom