Want to buy HDMI cable but confused due to price difference

srdigit16

In the zone
I have Lenovo laptop which has damaged display so I am using LED TV as monitor. As the TV is connected to set top box & I have to unplug the cable from stb & connect to laptop when I need, so to avoid that want to buy another cable so i can easily switch between inputs in TV, but the cables in different prices, from around ₹125 to around ₹300 so it is confusing. Both TV and laptop are 1080p. I'm in a budget so can't buy monitor for now

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Well I use a passive standalone HDMI Switcher 2 in 1 out type. So all cables remain always connected, I just toggle the switch.
I have STB output sometimes going to TV and other times to my USB capture card. So such a setup is very convenient.

For example this one *www.amazon.in/gp/product/B098DN1RS1

Of course to make it work conveniently, you will need in all 3 HDMI cables!! and you have only one right now I guess.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
My TV already has 2 HDMI inputs, my
Well I use a passive standalone HDMI Switcher 2 in 1 out type. So all cables remain always connected, I just toggle the switch.
I have STB output sometimes going to TV and other times to my USB capture card. So such a setup is very convenient.

For example this one *www.amazon.in/gp/product/B098DN1RS1

Of course to make it work conveniently, you will need in all 3 HDMI cables!! and you have only one right now I guess.
My TV already has 2 HDMI inputs, my question is about buying the right quality cable

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If your TV is 1080p, any working HDMI cable is enough for you. Unless you need 4K resolution at 60 fps, you do not even need to consider going till HDMI 2.0.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Ok..Personally I have been using Amazon Basics HDMI cables for quite some time without any issues.
Though I have not specifically checked it, you can confirm, but I guess if something is available for 120 - 150 INR it might come with just 1 or 3 months warranty.
Whereas Amazon basics cable generally comes with 1 yr warranty. However I have rarely seen HDMI cables going that bad.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
However I have rarely seen HDMI cables going that bad.
Correct but some old/cheap hdmi cables may have peculiar issues like the one I have is cause a momentary blackout (not power loss) of tv screen whenever there is a power cut & home inverter kicks in but does not happen with amazon basics hdmi cable in same setup.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Correct but some old/cheap hdmi cables may have peculiar issues like the one I have is cause a momentary blackout (not power loss) of tv screen whenever there is a power cut & home inverter kicks in but does not happen with amazon basics hdmi cable in same setup.
i experience the same with my dell in2020 connected wth an old vga cable.

icebags

Technomancer
I put my trust on Belkin HDMI cables.
Used cheap ones before, and they just caused screen to flicker / do dark, whenever there was a switch on/off in the home.

Top Bottom