Want to buy a laptop within 55-60k in INDIA .. Need help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jst4linux

Right off the assembly line
hello friends..
i am planning to buy a new laptop under 55-60K in INDIA

i have made a list of some imp point...that may help u to advice me..

HERE IT GOES...

Budget - Max Rs.55000-60000
Size - 17 inches
Brands - DELL , HP/Compaq

# tasks will you be performing with the notebook?

Basically it would be used for Media Editing in Adobe Premier Pro, multimedia(movies, music editing) and gaming (not hardcore, but casual) home and personal use...

# Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or leaving it on your desk?
yes i would be taking it with me.. but mostly i ll be keeping it in a single place .. nt roaming around everywhr ..

# Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
gaming is nt a priority for me .. rather i ll be using Ubuntu nd othr Linux based OS .. so, preferably with a good graphics card .

# What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
I wud prefer it to be with NO OS so as to cut down the cost .
OS doesn't matter to me .

Processor : core 2 duo at least 2.0 GHZ, 3MB L2 cache, 800 FSB
RAM: 4 GB 667MHZ ( So as to use a 64 bit OS in a better way)
Wireless - a better Wireless Solution is required .
Audio - I m a music freak , so need good speaker.
Others: bluetooth, LAn, USB, Card reader,
Graphics: Good graphics, nvidia 8600 or ATI 3650 ... or better
Battery Life : > 2 hrs

I am need of answers friends.... please post in ur comments/advices

aytus

The Boss
other then for audio (speakers) everything can be fulfilled by xps 1530.. if good speakers are that important that they overshadow the benifits of good customer service then go for hp pavillion dv5t .. both are comparable in performance. wit evenly matched hardware. tho some may think 9600 GT wud be better but it aint so. probably u shud hav a look at both of them in person and decide. my recommendation .. if you can wait for a month or two then wait. dell may be coming with a new lappy .. studio xps 16 .. and here newer is always better.

nowornever

Broken In
other then for audio (speakers) everything can be fulfilled by xps 1530.. if good speakers are that important that they overshadow the benifits of good customer service then go for hp pavillion dv5t .. both are comparable in performance. wit evenly matched hardware. tho some may think 9600 GT wud be better but it aint so. probably u shud hav a look at both of them in person and decide. my recommendation .. if you can wait for a month or two then wait. dell may be coming with a new lappy .. studio xps 16 .. and here newer is always better.

hi,
chk hp dv51015tx with p7350(centrino2) and nvidia 9600gt 512 MB with killer looks and good service backed by hp..:)

siddharth756

Broken In
as u have saqid i m using hp right now
it cost mush then the expected budget
i think in xps heating of pad is common so if u r prpared for it then go for it
also dell is providing the breakage waraanty that no other is giving

Edge-of-chaos

Broken In
Check the new Sony VAIO in that range, dont remember the model...its that "break the code thing".. although doesnt seem to be in your consideration set of brands, but could evaluate that, the screen size criterion of yours might get compromised, but else you might just get the best overall machine.

denharsh

p@r@noid
do check del xps aor customize dell studio to 2.4 ghz ,3gb ram and few extra upgrades u can think of.!!!

hope this is of your help

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
DELL's XPS series or Studio series are suitable for u (to the OP).. :) also, u can upgrade them to ur liking (this is the best feature of DELL tat i like).. :)

But i guess, the GPU will be a 86xx or a 84xx series and NOT the LATEST 9xxx series..(only HP;s DV series comes with 9xxx series of gup as of now).. :) but that wont be much of a problem..but still 9xxx has egde over the 8xxx series..

also, the DELL lappys (i think) do not come with enhanced security like finger print lock (biometric) as u mentioned tat u will not be always carrying it with u along..
---------------

Cheers n e-peace...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ y the same link twice, thrice adn even 4 times ????

Hi, Dear I m marketing manager want to help you out please check it *hcldirect.com/

Hi, i want to help you in decision . I m marketing manager ,please check it *hcldirect.com/

Hi, i want to help you in decision . I m marketing manager ,please check it *hcldirect.com/

Hi, i want to help you in taking decision . you can check *hcldirect.com/

Alright we get it tat u are an Hon'able Mrktg Mangr...still u givng links in such a hurry and desperation...sounds funny.. relax dude.. :)
--------

Cheers n e-peace...

luckynish

Right off the assembly line
Hii...I have A Rarely Used Laptop..In Xcellent Working Condition n As Good As New..Without Any Scratch..It will Cost U Around-Rs.50,000 Only or We Can Talk On Phone For Price..You Can Contact Me @ 9811530620.

Configuration:

Brand-DELL XPS M1530
Ram-4GB,
Hard Drive-250GB SATA,
Video Card-256 MB NVIDIA,
Screen-15.4inch. ,
Core 2 Duo Processor,
Windows Vista Home Premium Operating System,
Camera-2.0MP,
Bluetooth-WIFI,
Colour-Red

Status