Want to buy a gaming laptop

Darshan Singh

Broken In
Hi,

I have two queries.

1. I have purchased many things online in the past and did not face any serious problems. Now I want to purchase a laptop in the range of 50-55k Rs. from Amazon. I am somewhat skeptical about the purchase. How can I be sure that it will be a brand new laptop and not a used one? Is there a way to contact the sellers on Amazon? On ebay, some sellers mentioned phone numbers or emails but I could find any on Amazon. Will the laptop be shipped with the cardboard box or just the bag?

2. I am thinking of buying ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT laptop. Would this be the right purchase? It has GTX 1650 graphics solution. Is it good for playing games at medium-high settings?

OP
Darshan Singh

Darshan Singh

Broken In
The laptop I mentioned has all the specs I need. This laptop has the following specs: Ryzen 5 3550H, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 15.6" FHD 120Hz display, GTX 1650 graphics. I think these specs are sufficient for me. Also, this laptop seems to be at a sweet price point.
I play mostly AAA games and this laptop seems efficient for that purpose; mostly for playing AAA games of 1-2 years old.
I just want to clear my doubts mentioned in my earlier post. If anyone can help.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Specs seem ok for the price but you might need to replace the thermal paste once in a while or undervolt it since FX series isn't know for good thermal performance (largely because of heat sink design).

Hi,

I have two queries.

1. I have purchased many things online in the past and did not face any serious problems. Now I want to purchase a laptop in the range of 50-55k Rs. from Amazon. I am somewhat skeptical about the purchase. How can I be sure that it will be a brand new laptop and not a used one? Is there a way to contact the sellers on Amazon? On ebay, some sellers mentioned phone numbers or emails but I could find any on Amazon. Will the laptop be shipped with the cardboard box or just the bag?

2. I am thinking of buying ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT laptop. Would this be the right purchase? It has GTX 1650 graphics solution. Is it good for playing games at medium-high settings?
I purchased my first laptop online back in 2013 for 65k from Flipkart, got it w/o issues. Second one was from paytm & even that was fine. So FK & amazon are trusted ones to get a laptop. I don't think ebay India is around anymore. There is a way to contact seller on amazon, never used it. You can directly contact customer care.

The FX505 you listed is a good buy. Just get it ASAP in the ongoing sale, usually priced 56k or lower w/o bank offers. It is good for 1080p med/high/ultra 60fps in modern games, mostly med/high for most big games. It should be good for 2-3 years. Add a second 8GB RAM stick to unlock full potential.

OP
Darshan Singh

Darshan Singh

Broken In
Thanks anupam.

Does ASUS have any other model with almost the same specs but with an Intel solution as I rely on Intel more than AMD and as SaiyanGoku mentioned, I am concerned with the heating issues with AMD.
I have HP Pavilion dv6 6121tx already but I am going to sell it. I replaced the thermal paste on it two times but it keeps heating more than usual. Therefore I don't want to run into heating issues with my new purchase.

Any suggestions?

OP
Darshan Singh

Darshan Singh

Broken In
All right. I will go with this one. It seems like a steal at this price if there is not catch.
A few years ago, you couldn't think of buying a laptop with specs even close to this: 120 Hz display, 512GB SSD, a backlit keyboard.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
All right. I will go with this one. It seems like a steal at this price if there is not catch.
A few years ago, you couldn't think of buying a laptop with specs even close to this: 120 Hz display, 512GB SSD, a backlit keyboard.
True. Prices have dropped significantly on these high refresh rate displays and SSDs. Mobile gaming is no longer a chore or a privilege. It's a reality.

Top Bottom