Want to assemble a new rig.rs 50000.Flexible.

zmk

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:All 2014 titles and the upcoming ones examples being unity, far cry 4, star citizen, gta 5,sr gat out of hell. Softwares like photoshop, solidworks,autoCAD.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:50000(+5000-7000)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No.not immediately atleast.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:8 or 10 if it releases.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:no.already have a dell 21 incher. Resolution is 1080p.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: keyboard, mouse, ups, networking devices, speakers,

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:may take a month or two convince parents :p

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:will be done by a friend of my dad.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Delhi.Yes

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:i can get gtx 970 for 25k or r9 290 for 23k.would be more than happy if i could incorporate these cards in the given budget.

Thank you for taking some time out to read and answer my query.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4570 -13000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5300,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600Mhz -6000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Seasonic S12II 520w -4500,
Zotac GTX970 4GB -26000,
Corsair 200R -4500.
TOTAL -62,800.

If you can wait for 2months then GTX960 4GB will be available for 18k as it will be released in CES 2015 in Jan,6-9.

OP
Z

zmk

Broken In
Intel Core i5 4570 -13000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5300,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600Mhz -6000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Seasonic S12II 520w -4500,
Zotac GTX970 4GB -26000,
Corsair 200R -4500.
TOTAL -62,800.

If you can wait for 2months then GTX960 4GB will be available for 18k as it will be released in CES 2015 in Jan,6-9.

63000 is a bit off budget.Care to explain where can i save some bucks?

Also i will be assembling this somewhere in feb.What is the difference between gtx960 and 970?And wouldnt it take another month or two to be available here in India?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The R9 290 has had a recent price cut to about Rs 21k, IMO it seems like a worthy choice as the performance difference between reference R9 290 and GTX 970 is very less..
Even if GTX 960 launches, and get priced at 18k (very unlikely), it will still be about 15% inferior to GTX 970 which wont make sense.. But the R9 290 does consumes more power & generate more heat..

Here's a benchy
*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/benchy.png

EDIT : Orange is EVGA GTX 970 with reference BIOS
Blue is Reference R9 290 from AMD

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Asus R9290-DC2OC-4GD5 - Golchha Computers

*www.digit.in/forum/graphic-cards/5193-graphics-cards-related-queries-here-1617.html

- - - Updated - - -

That ASUS one is a non reference model, it should have slightly higher FPS as well as better cooling, cheers

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
The R9 290 has had a recent price cut to about Rs 21k, IMO it seems like a worthy choice as the performance difference between reference R9 290 and GTX 970 is very less..
Even if GTX 960 launches, and get priced at 18k (very unlikely), it will still be about 15% inferior to GTX 970 which wont make sense.. But the R9 290 does consumes more power & generate more heat..

Here's a benchy
*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/benchy.png

EDIT : Orange is EVGA GTX 970 with reference BIOS
Blue is Reference R9 290 from AMD

comparing EVGA 970 with reference 290 is like Antarctica vs Rajashtan.

But i'd suggest to hold till 960 is released.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
True but there is still the 8k price difference, that becomes the deciding factor.. Even if 960 launches, it will be weaker than 970 by 15 % and for the same price, you are getting the R9 290 which according to the benchmarks still holds it's ground against the 970.. Im not a fanboy... just recently, i recommended amjath to buy the Zotac 970, but im a fanboy of VFM products

True, we don't know much about gtx 960,true it'd definitely be cooler and will overclock like hell, but still inferior to r9 290 so it'll be wise to go with r9 290 still being cheaper from gtx 970by 4-5k,and let's not forget about mantle,ok
Enough I am on the verge of sounding like a fanboy
B-) :p
But a thing which got backing from more than 100 game devlopers (including cry engine, which YOU included in your list of will be played games ) is worth considering before buying a gpu nowadays, considering it works well with lower resolutions and weaker cpus, (not implying i5 is weaker cpu :p )

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, but I was talking about available gfx, but honestly I think it will be good buy if it comes under 18k,performance estimating 15% slower than 970

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
63000 is a bit off budget.Care to explain where can i save some bucks?

Also i will be assembling this somewhere in feb.What is the difference between gtx960 and 970?And wouldnt it take another month or two to be available here in India?

If you can take GTX960 which comes for approx 18k then the total pc will come under 60k.GTX960 might become available by March in India. I am recommending GTX960 because all the recent game titles are wholly nvidia GPU dependent like Farcry 4.I mean better gaming than the AMD GPU which are more energy consuming and run hotter than nvidia.

OP
Z

zmk

Broken In
Asus R9290-DC2OC-4GD5 - Golchha Computers

*www.digit.in/forum/graphic-cards/5193-graphics-cards-related-queries-here-1617.html

- - - Updated - - -

That ASUS one is a non reference model, it should have slightly higher FPS as well as better cooling, cheers

I think i should wait for 960.Once it would release i would be able to compare the performances and maybe 290 would be cheaper by then.Thanks for the quick reply though.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can take GTX960 which comes for approx 18k then the total pc will come under 60k.GTX960 might become available by March in India. I am recommending GTX960 because all the recent game titles are wholly nvidia GPU dependent like Farcry 4.I mean better gaming than the AMD GPU which are more energy consuming and run hotter than nvidia.

Okay.Thats exactly what i am gonna do.I was scheduled to build the rig infeb anyway. Thanks for the quick reply.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
wait asus one is for 21k? Then go for that eyes closed. And nerevarine, asus one is vfm but stock one sucks. It wont even go to 60% performance at those temps.

wait asus one is for 21k? Then go for that eyes closed. And nerevarine, asus one is vfm but stock one sucks. It wont even go to 60% performance at those temps.

That's why I suggested that too, but he is finalizing his build in Feb anyway, so it's better for him to wait for gtx 960,btw I have one question if you wanna build in feb than you should have created a thread in Jan at most, why now?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
That's why I suggested that too, but he is finalizing his build in Feb anyway, so it's better for him to wait for gtx 960,btw I have one question if you wanna build in feb than you should have created a thread in Jan at most, why now?
most people do that. i used to make threads 6 months ago when i first joined TDF :p

but as there's only GTX 960 launching till Q1 2015, so its not of a problem

Top Bottom