Want a PC for 25K (Sasta aur badhiya aur ha tikau)

chiragjain22

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Not planning to play any big games high on graphics(if ever I play any game at all, may be some cricket game or some other small game). Basically I need this PC for secondary use with normal software(like tally and photoshop) but need it to be future proof.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25k is my budget, maybe 1k here and thr(if it helps alot in performance) but would like to stay within budget.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Naa, not really.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7, maybe windows 10 in future.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Not much. I would be happy with 500GB. Anything that is perfect in speed and price ratio.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes want a monitor of 15 inch with good fps and resolution 1280 x 1024 or better

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Wanna buy everything

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Right away

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have built a desktop before many times.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, can buy online if its really cheap.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: *] I want the best speed I can get within this budget. Speed and performance is my concern.
*] If you have some suggestions feel free to share. And if you have more than one combination of hardware let me know.
*] oh yes I need a printer as well which is not ink hungry like HP's deskjet (price excluding 25k budget)
*] Ram should have 2133MHZ + speed

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Increase budget for monitor. It isn't enough to build a good config, let alone a "future proof" one. Coffeelake CPUs might launch in next 1-2 months and though they will have same LGA 1151 socket as skylake and kabylake CPUs, they are rumored to be incompatible with current 200 series Intel chipsets. So, other future generations will most probably be incompatible as well.

Cpu: Intel Pentium G4560 - 5,500
Cpu Cooler: Stock - 0
Motherboard: Asus Prime B250M-K - 6,435
RAM: G.Skill Aegis Series 8GB DDR4 2400MHz - 4,515
Hard Disk: WD 1TB BLUE - 3,600
Video Card: None - 0
Power Supply: Corsair CX430M - 3,850
Case: Corsair 100R - 3,000

Total: ~26,900

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
extra 2.5 k for a "Tikau" build .. should be good for at least 4 years .. compromises can be made here and there if you want to add more performance , compromise on after sale service , build quality etc..

1st config - "Tikau build"

CPU - Pentium G4560 - 5,300
Mobo - Gigabyte H110m S2PH - 5,000
PSU - Antec VP550P - Rs 4000
Ram- Corsair 2133 mhz 4gb - 2700
120 gb SSD/ 1 TB HDD - 3500
Monitor - LG 20MP48HB - 6600 ( IPS display, 1440x900 , HDMI , 19.5 inch )
local cabinet - 500

Total - Rs 27,500

2nd config
- more ram , compromise on quality,after sale service

Mobo - MSI H110M Pro VH Plus - 4,000
PSU - Corsair VS450 - Rs 2600
Ram- Corsair 2133 mhz 8gb - 4500
128 gb SSD/ 1 TB HDD - 3500
local cabinet - 500

Total - Rs 27,000

1) If you think 120 gb is enough for you then go with SSD , it will speed up general performance a lot plus less failure rates than HDD
2) Mobo needs a BIOS update before you can use this processor , so you will have to ask seller to this before buying(most easily do this )

Last edited:
OP
chiragjain22

chiragjain22

Broken In
Increase budget for monitor. It isn't enough to build a good config, let alone a "future proof" one. Coffeelake CPUs might launch in next 1-2 months and though they will have same LGA 1151 socket as skylake and kabylake CPUs, they are rumored to be incompatible with current 200 series Intel chipsets. So, other future generations will most probably be incompatible as well.

Cpu: Intel Pentium G4560 - 5,500
Cpu Cooler: Stock - 0
Motherboard: Asus Prime B250M-K - 6,435
RAM: G.Skill Aegis Series 8GB DDR4 2400MHz - 4,515
Hard Disk: WD 1TB BLUE - 3,600
Video Card: None - 0
Power Supply: Corsair CX430M - 3,850
Case: Corsair 100R - 3,000

Total: ~26,900

Few questions,
1] G Skill ram is good ? Is Corsair Vengeance series(I have that on my primary PC) better than this ? would love to have 4GB x 2 sticks.
2] What if I choose stock power supply with local cabinet and have monitor in that budget. I want to know what you think about it. I dont really want to play games. Surfing lots of it, and few softwares like tally, PS. Maybe playing 1080p videos when i want to play them.

extra 2.5 k for a "Tikau" build .. should be good for at least 4 years .. compromises can be made here and there if you want to add more performance , compromise on after sale service , build quality etc..

1st config - "Tikau build"

Mobo - Gigabyte H110m S2PH - 5,000
PSU - Antec VP550P - Rs 4000
Ram- Corsair 2133 mhz 4gb - 2700
120 gb SSD/ 1 TB HDD - 3500
local cabinet - 500

Total - Rs 27,500

2nd config
- more ram , compromise on quality,after sale service

Mobo - MSI H110M Pro VH Plus - 4,000
PSU - Corsair VS450 - Rs 2600
Ram- Corsair 2133 mhz 8gb - 4500
128 gb SSD/ 1 TB HDD - 3500
local cabinet - 500

Total - Rs 27,000

1) If you think 120 gb is enough for you then go with SSD , it will speed up general performance a lot plus less failure rates than HDD
2) Mobo needs a BIOS update before you can use this processor , so you will have to ask seller to this before buying(most easily do this )

I like the first config with one extra stick of ram. But I have one query. Is it really necessary to have a branded PSU when I think I would not put extra pressure of gaming on it ? Your views ?

And yes I need Monitor of 15 or 17 inch not more than that, not enough space

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
I like the first config with one extra stick of ram. But I have one query. Is it really necessary to have a branded PSU when I think I would not put extra pressure of gaming on it ? Your views ?

thing is these budget PSU's are made up of Chinese capacitors , so even if you are not pushing your build too much , even then they will still start failing generally after 2-2.5 year mark.. so they are good for 2-3 years use only on average..

a failing PSU carries a risk that it can kill components along with it when it dies though it happens less with units with good protections , still it is a risk..

a better PSU like Vp550P can last 5 years easily .. so you get what you pay for .. vp550p if you are going to run it for more than 12 hours a day and want it to last for 4-5 years , hence a tikau build..

you can go with VS450 and change it after 2.5-3 years

and if you are thinking about going even lower than this "intex,iball no name, class" forget about it .. they are slow component killers .. they work alright but they many times output such bad quality power with high ripple , it will degrade motherboard capacitors fast and generally with these kind of PSU's motherboard , hard disk , ram fail very often sometimes within a year.. even though they themselves will be working alright.. as they are built cheaply without decent protections , and without adhering to standards..

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Few questions,
1] G Skill ram is good ? Is Corsair Vengeance series(I have that on my primary PC) better than this ? would love to have 4GB x 2 sticks.
2] What if I choose stock power supply with local cabinet and have monitor in that budget. I want to know what you think about it. I dont really want to play games. Surfing lots of it, and few softwares like tally, PS. Maybe playing 1080p videos when i want to play them.

Either you'll compromise and get crap local cabinet with crap local PSU to save budget or you'll spend some more to get components which should last for 3-4 years easily. It is entirely up to you to decide.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
And yes I need Monitor of 15 or 17 inch not more than that, not enough space

then you are most likely not going to get IPS display and HDMI with those sizes from good brands .. 18.5 is the least common size nowadays.. and if you are willing to go with VGA port , then you can save 700 Rs on mobo also .. by going with Gigabyte h110 DS2 for 4300 without sacrificing quality.. and there i also Asus H110 M CS for Rs 4000 as well but i prefer gigabyte for their PCB design for better protection against humidity...

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -33.2K

Intel Pentium G4560 -5400,
MSI H110M-Pro-VD -4600,
Corsair Value Select 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -4200,
Cooler Master Force 500 -2700,
Antec VP450P -3000,
WD Caviar 1TB Blue (WD10EZEX) 7200RPM -3500,
LG 22MP68VQ 22" LED IPS -9000,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -33,200.

Don't ever go with Corsair VS Series PSU's.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Go for a 1080p IPS panel, even if it overshoots budget, 1080p is standard and you will regret purchasing a 768p/900p panel in a year or two.

OP
chiragjain22

chiragjain22

Broken In
MSI H110M-Pro-VD -4600,
would that be compatible with G4560 processor(as it 7th generation processor) ? 110 chipset doesnt work with 7th generation processor right(need an bios update) ?

Go for a 1080p IPS panel, even if it overshoots budget, 1080p is standard and you will regret purchasing a 768p/900p panel in a year or two.
Naa this is secondary PC for office work, only few general app execution and maybe some video playback(in free time). So i wont need 1080p resolution wala Monitor

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Somebody here confirmed that latest gigabyte H110 mobo(don't remember exact model no.) comes with updated bios for 7th gen out of the box.Based on this I guess if you are getting a mobo which was manufactured in last 1-2 months there is a good chance it may come with updated bios.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
just to inform - gigabyte H110m - S2 and H are lower quality boards ( average quality).. DS2 and S2PH are good quality boards

OP
chiragjain22

chiragjain22

Broken In
I have decided on this configuration. Guys, please let me know if you think there should be any changes if you were about to get this PC for your secondary purpose.

5400 ~ Pentium G4560
NA ~ GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-B250M-D2V
NA ~ HYPERX FURY SERIES - 4GB DDR4 2400MHz (HX424C15FB-4) x 2
3550 ~ Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Disk Drive (ST1000DM010) 7200rpm
6000 ~ SAMSUNG LS19F350HNWXXL 18.5" INCH LED WITH AH IPS
NA ~Antec VP550P
NA ~Local Cabinet with 2xUSB3 port and audio ports
NA ~Logitech K120 Wired Keyboard
NA ~ dell ms116
NA ~Epson L 130 Color Single Function Inkjet Printer

*First thing I need this pc for normal browsing and tally and maybe sometimes photoshop or video playback
*Please reiterate the remaining price for me.
*Now should I get a 450W SMPS or 550W SMPS
*And I would like to know where I can get these products in Mumbai.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You should be able to get everything on Lamington Road.Try Primeabgb,they are a big reputed shop & also have a good online selling site too.For psu i think you may want to get it online from theitdepot as they are the official reseller of antec products in India.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
go with a good h110 board . you will save Rs 1500-2000 here .. it is a bit of hassle to make sure that you are getting an updated bios board , but overpaying 2000 rs for this , not worth it ,.. buy mobo offline from big computer shop , so you know for sure you are getting updated bios board as they will easily update it , if you don't need HDMI .. go with Gigabyte H110m - DS2

- PSU - how is your usage going to be ?l if 10-12 hours a day or so . Antec VP550P v2 for Rs 4000 would be better if you want it to last long... 4-5 years and this specific model only..
it's not about 450 vs 550 watts but about quality of PSU

otherwise Antec VP450P/Corsair VS450 would be ok as well for 2-3 years ...

VP450P vs VS450 isn't a clear answer .. longevity and overall quality wise they both are same , filled with cheap chinese caps

VS450 - 300 rs cheaper , longer 3 year warranty , good ripple performance and good RMA service but many units are prone to PC restart problem
RMAing them seems to fix the problem ( check amazon/flipkart reviews ) .. but could be a bit of unnecessary hassle if you end up with a bad unit ..

VP450P - shorter 2 year warranty , which is quite important here as after 2 years the failure rate start going up with these chinese cap units , but it has a better primary cap and isn't prone to restart issues ..
but with VS450 you could get a new unit atleast if it fails between 2-3 years and still use it for 1-2 years more and you will likely get a new VS400 in exchange if you RMA after 1.5 year or so which is a slightly better unit than VS450

VP550P also has a 2 year warranty but since it is a good unit , unless you are "unlucky" you will likely not have any problems before 4 years atleast ..

so it's upto you what trade off feels more comfortable to you..

or see if you can find Corsair Vs400 or Corsair CX450 in market .. then buy those instead.. they are newly launched units and till now afaik haven't appeared on online shops..

Last edited:
Top Bottom