Want 4g phone upto 10000

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 10-11000

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: any screen 6.4+ but preferred with gorilla glass

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 13

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc
A. 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: No preference. Should have good service network in delhi

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, YouTube and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: dual

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A:
Need 5000+ battery backup,
microSD card slot preferred
fast charger,
4gb ram

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Redmi 12

Buying for mother

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Poco M5 is a good option SoC wise, but it boots A12 or you can get Moto G42, again it boots A12.

MTK 30, 70, 80 series of chips felt old when I was looking last year. I don't know why they are still using it. May be they all shifted to 5G, and making no more of 4G based SoC.

IMO get Poco M4 5G instead of M5 as you will get 5G support as well. Both boot Android 12, but M5 gets you 6/128GB at same price as 4/64GB of M4. Networks are reducing 4G bandwidth in areas where there is good 5G coverage, observed this with airtel in Bengaluru.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
All sub 10k phones are 4G, they are still making and selling these phones and there are tonnes of 4G devices out there. So I don't think they will pull the plug for 4G anytime soon, yeah they may be reducing no. of towers but it will stay for good amount of time. Sure it will stay longer than 3G. Carriers should have the numbers, so it will dictate.

All sub 10k phones are 4G, they are still making and selling these phones and there are tonnes of 4G devices out there. So I don't think they will pull the plug for 4G anytime soon, yeah they may be reducing no. of towers but it will stay for good amount of time. Sure it will stay longer than 3G. Carriers should have the numbers, so it will dictate.
I sometimes get as low as 1-2Mbps bandwidth in Bengaluru on 4G in areas where the 5G signal is strong. My phone's power saving mode forces 4G, hence observed it. A friend iQoo 8 observed that his phone had 4G as default out of the box, he never looked into enabling 5G until recently when he started complaining about low speeds on 4G. He lives in BLR as well.

I don't think 4G will stop anytime soon, but companies are trying to force users to jump to 5G.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
but companies are trying to force users to jump to 5G.
Yeah, that they will do like Flipkart prices 6GB variant expensive than the 8GB variant.
Jio claims they have sold over a 100 million Jiophones, they don't have 2G or 3G to fall back. They have to have 4G for those millions.
Still BSNL is trying to have 4G across the country. I don't use phone for internet but my BSNL's 4G don't even get 0.25mbps consistently, can't even do a google search.

Last edited:
Yeah, that they will do like Flipkart prices 6GB variant expensive than the 8GB variant.
Jio claims they have sold over a 100 million Jiophones, they don't have 2G or 3G to fall back. They have to have 4G for those millions.
Still BSNL is trying to have 4G across the country. I don't use phone for internet but my BSNL's 4G don't even get 0.25mbps consistently, can't even do a google search.
4G will remain like 2G for maybe a decade or more as a fallback but that doesn't need high internet bandwidth. Sadly good internet is becoming a basic necessity, so get a 5G phone if budget allows it, that will be my recommendation.

Reactions: nac
Top Bottom