W8968 causing some troubles.

nipunb

Broken In
all problem solved now? tp link has posted a small firmware update on 10/11/2013 for w8968 V2.
nope thats the old firmware that was released on 11 oct, 2013 and the problem started in november, so this firmware is also buggy and there hasn't been any new firmware since then to address this issue...

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
nope thats the old firmware that was released on 11 oct, 2013 and the problem started in november, so this firmware is also buggy and there hasn't been any new firmware since then to address this issue...

then i will continue with my old wired modem for some time

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
who told this problem started in november?this thread started in june & there are no new complaints after august.it seems like this issue is fixed.

nipunb

Broken In
who told this problem started in november?this thread started in june & there are no new complaints after august.it seems like this issue is fixed.
I'm not sure, if we're talking about the same problem here. The problem I'm talking about, started in november, for me and everybody else and i confirmed it by checking the date of the OP and this thread was started on 6-11-2013(not in june)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
my mistake.this is what happens when many sites & windows os use US date system(mm/dd/yy) instead of standard dd/mm/yy.anyway if i remember correctly this issue is with V2 & for some people there are some working solutions.

nipunb

Broken In
yup, there are working temporary solutions available but there's been no new firmware released yet, that fixes this issue permanently...

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
ya ,i bought one too from ebay.and totally disappointed.
I bought 2 modems Dlink 2750u,and Tplink w8968.
Dlink was for my friend,and Tp link for me.
after two weeks the disconnection started,Really annoying,especially when you are skyping.

I tried the latest firmware update .now the disconnection got reduced it occurs rarely now.
I tried contactiong tplink via phone,Email.got no response:-x:-x

i think there are lots of Tp link w8968 users here,Can any one please tell me how to set up parental controls in it?
when i try to set up .
all the devices listed will lose internet connectivity except the parent pc.any help??

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Guys I would like to know if all issues been resolved in the newer firmware or not?

BTW as per TP Link Webpage....
There are multiple revisions of the TD-W8968
Note: Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrading may damage your device and void the warranty.

TD-W8968 - Welcome to TP-LINK

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
I did my firmware upgrade 2 months ago i think. now the disconnection is reduced .before it was every now and then.
also for setting up parental controls u can create firewall rules,and change the dns server.

rock2702

Padawan
My tp link td w8968 v1with the latest firmware does.not.connect to the internet at all.Tried another modem and it works flawlessly.How do I apply for rma?

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
Can we use External Drive without any issues now?

BTW how many wireless devices can we connect to it?

I don't connect external devices regularly,but i haven't noticed any problem so far.
I connect 3 android phones,2 laptops,1 tablet,and devices of my friends and relatives when they come over. Don't know the exact number.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
My v1 hardware updated to the latest available firmware and reset to factory. I am still having trouble accessing the router configuration page. (In fact I did the update only after suffering this inability to open configuration for a long time and thinking that it might somehow been compromised)

kaz

right here
For the past 1 month I have been using this and yesterday it froze... Modem configs didn't open and the internet light was gone had to restart and it worked fine..It seems to have frozen again at night around 2-3am yesterday again and today in the morning once :(

I have the ver. 2 with TD-W8968_V2_131224 firmware... Just now came to know that there is a new firmware has been released last month, will give that a try :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom