Volte via Wifi link

ramussons

Broken In
Not too sure if this is the correct forum.

I have a 4G VoLTE phone with a Jio 4G SIM. I get 4G data, can make VoLTE calls. I enable Hotspot on this phone.

I have another 4G VoLTE phone and I link to the first phone on WiFi. I'm able to get 4G Data on this phone.

My question is : Can I make VoLTE calls from the second phone thru' this WiFi link ?
If so, how? If not, why not?

Jio has
upload_2019-3-18_11-23-5.png
this router which permits VoLTE calls from a WiFi linked phone. What is special about this WiFi link that allows VoLTE calls?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure but I don't think you can mix & match networks on mobile for making calls.If 1st phone has volte & 4g & a wifi hotspot to which a 2nd mobile is connected then for that mobile this wifi link is for data only not calls(even if that call is in form of volte). As for jio router,that is hardware wise different from a mobile & most probably has some way to transfer data between its wifi network to its 4g/volte network.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You might need to do something like this: Multipoint explained. One headset for all your phones. · Jabra Blog

Besides, the jio router itself wouldn't let you connect 2 phones with VoLTE(its just a WiFi router)

Top Bottom