Voice Command for Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Is there any software through which i can control the operations on my mobile by voice?(Not voice tags, for dialing numbers) I am using Nokia. Also is there any such software for Sony Erricson?

OP
sachin_kothari

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
I thought there will be loads of software to do this. But it seems there doen't exists any. If there are any of them please mention them. I dont mind even if i have to pay for them. Please help me.

K

krazyfrog

Which phone Nokia phone model are you using? Most new models have this function built-in. Yours might be one of them.

OP
sachin_kothari

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
i am using nokia n71. i bought it recently. what kind of voice commands does it supports. i mean if i want to start fm, can i do it using voice commands?

K

krazyfrog

N71 has built-in support for voice commands, you don't have to download any software. Besides automatically creating voice tags for every name in the phone book, it also allows the user to keep voice tags for certain functions. Which functions it supports is something i'm not sure about but you can easily find out by searching it in your phone. I think it should have a dedicated menu item specifically for voice tag function. Go there and activate it. Then you'll be able to call the function you want by pressing the right soft key and saying its name. If you want any help refer to the phone manual.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, you can. Hold the volume button down for a while and try saying "Radio On" after the beep. :)

K

krazyfrog

^^ That won't work in a Symbian S60 phone. For symbian phones the key to press is the right soft key. The key you mentioned works only in new S40 phones (even older S40 phones required pressing the right soft key) like your 6300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom