visual C++ error

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
Hey guys,

I am working on a program in VC++ with MFC to calculate the fourier transform of the real-time input data and display it back. I have windows 2000 with SP2 along with IC Imaging control (a software/library required) and DirectX SDK ver 9 and Microsoft Visual studio 6 (i have tried with all service packs upto 5, yet to try with 6).

The compilation of the code goes very smoothly with 0 errors and 0 warnings. When executed and asked to probe for the camera... and started to capture the video frame, i get the error "the instruction at 0x(blabla) referenced memory at 0x00000000". The memory could not be "written". Click Ok to terminate the program or Cancel to debug the application.

with some google search, I managed to get the information that the reason for this is some uninitialized pointer as no command can reference the location 0x00000000. Now, the problem is that, it works fine in my professors computer. The only thing different is the visual studio. He has a version 6 German installed and i use English version and i am not sure abt the sub releases except for the main version 6. Every other software as mentioned above including windows OS, i got it from him.

Could anybody help me with this problem?

thks,
legolas.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
Oops my bad. i clicked the wrong section. Thank you for pointing out. However, I finally arrived at the solution. It was some issues with Visual studio I guess. Installing VS6 Sp6 solved the issue. I request the moderators to pls move this post to the programming section.

thks,
legolas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom