Video Player doubt.

AKP

Broken In
I want suggestions regarding a good Video Player to play mainly 720p files of .avi, .mp4 and .mkv formats.

I tried using VLC, MPC-HC and the default Windows Player. Vlc looses quality compared to MPC-HC, could be due to settings etc.
I have a 2nd gen i5 + nvidia gt 540m. Is there any good player that uses gfx cards to render videos? I tried hardware acceleration in VLC and video was very buggy.

Need help ASAP. TY.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
VLC is not recommended any more especially for hardware accelerated playback.try pot player(from the same person who developed very popular KMPlayer).it is the best player in my opinion for almost all playback related tasks.
DVB Support

gameranand

Living to Play
Use GOM Player. Also Please look at other threads before making another one, there is one more thread lying around for the very same purpose. :)

axes2t2

I am a cat
I use WMP.

Shark007's FREE Codec solutions - Windows 7 codecs

Download and install that codec pack.

Flash

Lost in speed
Media Player Classic works best with AMD's Catalyst driver, if you enable some presets (can't remember it correctly) under VIDEO option.
There's a huge difference in playback between VLC & MPC, by this way.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@AKP: use HXVA option in MPC:HC it will use gpu rendering
also have a look at same topic thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/165714-best-windows-video-player.html

gameranand

Living to Play
Ah again the same thing again and again. Guys let the OP read the previous thread in which we had abundance of Discussion and then decide. No need to fill up this thread also. :)

RahulB

Journeyman
Potplayer, give it a whirl... Guys KMPlayer is dead.. All the updates you see are small fixes nothing else.

samfisher123

Broken In
i suggest "Splash player" and media player classic with all plugins for pure hd formats .and they can play almost all formats (audio,video).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i suggest "Splash player" and media player classic with all plugins for pure hd formats .and they can play almost all formats (audio,video).
Splash Player has got a fantastic UI but free version is limited...
although I tested the Video Quality with MPC..couldn't found any differences only subtitles edges were smooth in Splash Player....

Top Bottom