Video Capturing Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Choto Cheeta said:
yeah its on board, every other thing is cool, Nvidia, just the 1394a is using a damn VIA :lol:

Why shouldnt i, as u said it will have compatibility issues with certain devicec, then i should be worreid, as this SLI thing allowed only 2 PCI expanssion slot, so, it have to buy a another chip set later on, would be problem for me... !!!

If you are doing Sound Mixing in your PC, yes you have to worry!!! but you can buy a seperate NEC card.

Yes, ASUS 680i motherboard has only 2 PCI slots. You can buy a GIGABYTE /DFI board, if you need 3 PCI slots. And remember GIGABYTE uses TI (Texas Instruments) based Firewire Chipset which is better than NEC.

*www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=2553&ProductName=GA-N680SLI-DQ6

*us.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_spec_details_r_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=5277&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP%20UT&SITE=US

Last edited:

ankitsaraf

Right off the assembly line
hello!! I have a sony dcr285e handycam. Using ulead video studio I capture in dvd format at 8000kbps using ilink. Now the video is noisy and when I tried Movie Maker, its very hazy. Can anybody suggest me a way to encode the videos to a lower bitrate at around 800-1000kbps so that the quality doesn't degrade and the noise is removed.

I tried using xvid at 1500kbps but the video degrades a lot. There are square boxes visible in the video at full screen.

I have 8 cassettes to encode and it would require 6 dvds to store them. But at lower bitrate, may be I can store them in just one or two. I have to share the vids with my friends also many of whom don't have dvd drives. So a lower file size is required. Thanks in advance for any help given.

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Using ulead video studio I capture in dvd format at 8000kbps using ilink

I don't understand why you need a Digital8 camera, if you are capturing your video in MPEG format.

Capture in DV format. Personally I prefer Avid / Panasonic DV Codec than Sony DV Codec. Digital8 is 25Mbps where your MPEG is 8Mbps.

Now the video is noisy

There is no way the video get noisy, if its maintained in its original bitrate till the authoring process. Try the DV Codec and confirm it again...

xvid at 1500kbps but the video degrades a lot
I don't find a better free codec other than XVID till.

There are square boxes visible in the video at full screen.
What's the resolution of the video? Have you deinterlaced your footage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom