VERY URGENT - LOST REDMI NOTE 4?

Hello,
to all of you.
My friend has lost his Redmi Note 4 on Monday morning, he registered a complaint regarding this in the Local PS, I want to know Is there any professional service in India that can track the device using its IMEI number?, my friend is willing to pay some fees to track the device.He has used all the MI Cloud as well Android
Device Manager features to track the device but device's location shows just before the lost happened.Please reply.Thank You.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only way to track a mobile using IMEI is via telecom providers networks & only way they would do this is if they receive an official request from police/similar govt agencies.You would probably have to spend more than the phone cost to getting all this done.Take it as a lesson & go for some general theft insurance policy if going to use a costly mobile phone.
Mobile Theft Insurance Cover | Mobile Accidental & Liquid Damage Protection | One Assist

Flash

Lost in speed
Even in police station, they won't show much interest on mobile thefts as the cost which they incur on investigations/travel will cost more than the mobile itself. More likely, the thief would've made all possible precautions for the mobile to not reveal. If he's really lucky, he will get it one day.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Even in police station, they won't show much interest on mobile thefts as the cost which they incur on investigations/travel will cost more than the mobile itself. More likely, the thief would've made all possible precautions for the mobile to not reveal. If he's really lucky, he will get it one day.
Yes, Police Station has daily complaints of lost phones and they don't even register an FIR on this, just a plain complain on lost phone to get you a new SIM card.
Though there are services who claims to track the phone with IMEI but how much successful they are is uncertain

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Only way to track a mobile using IMEI is via telecom providers networks & only way they would do this is if they receive an official request from police/similar govt agencies.You would probably have to spend more than the phone cost to getting all this done.Take it as a lesson & go for some general theft insurance policy if going to use a costly mobile phone.
Mobile Theft Insurance Cover | Mobile Accidental & Liquid Damage Protection | One Assist
Yes, Police Station has daily complaints of lost phones and they don't even register an FIR on this, just a plain complain on lost phone to get you a new SIM card.
Though there are services who claims to track the phone with IMEI but how much successful they are is uncertain

There is a very influential person living around the corner of the rented place where we live. Few years back his son lost his 10k-15k phone, he called the head of the police department. They didn't lodge a complaint, FIR or anything just told the telecom operators to give them the location of the phone by tracking the imei number and boom he got his phone back after bashing the person who stole it.
On the other hand an acquaintance lost his phone. He went to the police station like 4-5 times but no complaint was lodged. Finally he lodged a complaint of the lost sim by paying 2k.
Sorry state of affairs.

Flash

Lost in speed
There is a very influential person living around the corner of the rented place where we live. Few years back his son lost his 10k-15k phone, he called the head of the police department. They didn't lodge a complaint, FIR or anything just told the telecom operators to give them the location of the phone by tracking the imei number and boom he got his phone back after bashing the person who stole it.
On the other hand an acquaintance lost his phone. He went to the police station like 4-5 times but no complaint was lodged. Finally he lodged a complaint of the lost sim by paying 2k.
Sorry state of affairs.
Welcome to the Indian judiciary system! :lol:

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
If you have somebody in your network who is influential/in police dept., that's the only way to get your phone.
Otherwise they won't even lodge FIR (because if it happens, they will have to act upon it) and simply record the theft in their police diary.

Happened with me, lost my beloved Nokia C7 within 2 months which I bought from my entire first salary, and so learnt my lesson.

Top Bottom