Very Slow Overall Boot Startup Process problem

Ganeshg44

Broken In
I have an old phenom ii pc.... recently I reinstalled windows 7 on it since was facing same issue but not so much ...it was a bit quicker before....now when I power on my pc it takes nearly 5 minutes to reach desktop icon interface.....I don't know what's causing the problem....need help thnx...

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Since you just installed OS, you can do it again but install Windows 10.

OP
G

Ganeshg44

Broken In
I don't think windows 10 matter as I have never used it previously..... using windows 7 since beginning......

quicky008

Technomancer
your hdd may be in bad shape-check whether it has developed any bad sectors or not.If yes,this might be the reason for the slow boot process.

for checking your hdd's health,you can use crystal disk info.

Even if your hdd is ok,it could still cause slow bootups as older hdds tended to be rather slow-i faced a similar issue with a 80gb sata hdd on an older pc.

Your problem will be resolved by upgrading to SSD.

setanjan123

In the zone
Hard drive issue for sure. Try to listen for any clicking sounds coming from the PC. That's a sound of impending hdd failure. Buy a 256/512gb SATA SSD. You can get one under 5k. And backup your important documents and stuff to the cloud for the time being because you don't know when the hdd could fail.

OP
G

Ganeshg44

Broken In
your hdd may be in bad shape-check whether it has developed any bad sectors or not.If yes,this might be the reason for the slow boot process.

for checking your hdd's health,you can use crystal disk info.

Even if your hdd is ok,it could still cause slow bootups as older hdds tended to be rather slow-i faced a similar issue with a 80gb sata hdd on an older pc.

Your problem will be resolved by upgrading to SSD.
Crystal disk huh will try

OP
G

Ganeshg44

Broken In
Hard drive issue for sure. Try to listen for any clicking sounds coming from the PC. That's a sound of impending hdd failure. Buy a 256/512gb SATA SSD. You can get one under 5k. And backup your important documents and stuff to the cloud for the time being because you don't know when the hdd could fail.
No sound from hdd ....... reinstalled windows 7 which went smoothly.......

OP
G

Ganeshg44

Broken In
I think I might have found the problem...........I noticed when I install the gfx drivers it tends to boot slowly like 4-5 min and when uninstalled takes half time to boot....... trying to see if I can get older previous drivers and will check if problem persist

Top Bottom