VB Form window woes. added:: Component to datagrid !!!HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
in VB.NET in any Form if i have a button and on its click if make a new form open, the new form opens but the old form does not close. i want the old form to close and the new form to be displayed.

how do i do this.

========================================

And after i click a menu item in a MDI container i have made a form open inside the MDI container. on clicking a button in the new form or the MDI container i want a new form (maximised) to open in the same MDI Container and the previous form to close. the new Form always opens when i try but the previous form does not close. how do i implement this?

Form2 newMDIChild1 = new Form2();
newMDIChild1.MdiParent = Form1();
newMDIChild1.Show();
is the command for opening new window in MDI container.....

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
there is no unload option ...but the hide is working to some extent ......

-----------------------------------------------
in COM+ using VC# component what sud i do and what code sud i write in the component to retrieve data from a database and display it in a MDI Child Form in a datagrid. plz tell me the code also.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Do you want to come back to the same form or not? If yes, then use .hide otherwise use me.unload

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
ok fine .... i got it ...
can u answer my second question ..
in COM+ using VC# component what sud i do and what code sud i write in the component to retrieve data from a database and display it in a MDI Child Form in a datagrid. plz tell me the code also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom