Validity of a prepaid number

Status
Not open for further replies.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

I have an old airtel(SHITtel) number at home. It has like 800rs. prepaid balance. It was recharged with a lifetime validity voucher few years back. Thanks to Jio the number is only used for incoming calls. Since the past few weeks, SHITtel started to decrease its validity. I asked the customer support and they said if the number is not used for outgoing calls then they can reduce the validity and eventually drop it down to zero. They said to avoid it I need to get a new sim and pay Rs. 200 at their stores but the balance "might" not be carried in the new sim. When I said I won't be doing that, they said that I will have to after my services, including incoming calls, stop like in a week. Lodged a grievance at pgportal, but it has become crap as the operator always replies the same thing that we have satisfied the customer etc. and the complaint is closed without informing us. Is there any way out of this? Porting is the only solution but I was looking for a way to exhaust that balance by maybe sending it to someone or recharging some other number.

Few weeks back some court or the government said that customers can de-link their number from aadhar card. The procedure was not fixed back then. Is it final now? Thinking of de-linking before porting.

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Airtel Main Account Balance Transfer Codes • Mobile USSD Codes
Dial ussd code *141# to transfer your airtel account balance to another number.
Use share talktime option.GST will apply so to transfer 101(max amt available at a time) will cost 115.Amount can only be transferred to airtel prepaid number.

To delink Aadhaar from mobile one has to submit a new id proof(same as aadhaar) & request can be initiated as per procedure laid down by your telecom service provider so keep checking their website.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Airtel Main Account Balance Transfer Codes • Mobile USSD Codes

Use share talktime option.GST will apply so to transfer 101(max amt available at a time) will cost 115.Amount can only be transferred to airtel prepaid number.

To delink Aadhaar from mobile one has to submit a new id proof(same as aadhaar) & request can be initiated as per procedure laid down by your telecom service provider so keep checking their website.

Thanks. I guess no one will want the balance nowadays. Can we recharge other people's number for u/l plans using the balance?
I guess I will have to let go of the aadhar part and stick to getting the money out.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think so,you can only use this service to send balance to another airtel prepaid number.What's the difference anyway,you send somebody the same amt that is required to recharge an unlimited plan.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Earlier you could gift Talktime from your balance other Airtel number. I don't if it's still available.
Irrespective of the validity time, if you don't use your prepaid sim for a certain duration, operators will give away your number to a new subscriber.
You should exhaust the balance and then port.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I don't think so,you can only use this service to send balance to another airtel prepaid number.What's the difference anyway,you send somebody the same amt that is required to recharge an unlimited plan.
Can we use the amount to recharge an unlimited plan?
BTW check this Over 50 crore mobiles numbers may face KYC proof issue - Times of India

Earlier you could gift Talktime from your balance other Airtel number. I don't if it's still available.
Irrespective of the validity time, if you don't use your prepaid sim for a certain duration, operators will give away your number to a new subscriber.
You should exhaust the balance and then port.
I guess I will have to use the 2p/sec call plan to exhaust the balance.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Why confusion?Just transfer 202 amount to another airtel prepaid number & then you can activate UL plan on that prepaid number using ussd option.
Will try and get back. Last question, say I transfer 101x4 to someone then how can they use the ussd code to activate the 80 odd days ul plan?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
*121# check my offers or recharges section.
Money sent to a friend, deducted from my account but not yet received in his prepaid balance. Thanks.
That *121# ussd code has an option for recharge but we can recharge using coupon codes or payments bank and not the prepaid balance. Is it having a different ussd code?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try *222# & my airtel app,as per reviews airtel UL plans cannot be activated using main account balance but some say it depends on circle/plan.Try both of them.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Balance not getting transferred, got deducted last night and was credited back. Now it is not deducting even. Tried many times.
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181019/0994087def55facbdc6423dd001445ea.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom