Using Two Internet Connections at The same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddharth>

Right off the assembly line
I run a cyber cafe. Currently I am using an ADSL connection on the server, and it is shared over network. I want to use two internet connections on the server and want to share both connections togather on the network, to boost the connection speed.

Can you suggest me a good tool for it? Windows XP has built in facility to bridge two network connections, but it has no facility to bridge two internet connections.

I have read in digit magazine few years ago, that there is a free software, which bridges multiple internet connections. But, I do not remember name of that software.

Some points, which can help you in solving my problem:----
1. My 1st connection (DataOne) is an ADSL connection, which require ID and password to connect.
2. My 1st connection(ADSL) have Dynamic Address.
3. My 2nd connection (sify) will be through cable, and will have static address.

OP
siddharth>

siddharth>

Right off the assembly line
Both will be initially conneted by LAN card. ADSL be connected by LAN card plus ADSL router. Sify will be connected by LAN card only.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Big NO Sorry bro... u cant bridge 2 different ISP :(

yes u can run both connection but a Single PC only going to use only one connection / getway... bridging with 2 different ISP is not possible... even only ISP in India which supposts Bridging in its own network is BSNL ISDN service... even I have my doubts about DataOne... we tried to bridge 2 DataOne at our cafe but failed... so it seems (though not Officially) DataOne also doesnt support Bridging...

now comes the point of laod balancing... which can be done with External Hardware... but they are very costly and very hard to find in India... Cisco solutions are good option... but again they are hard to find and too much costly...

I am not very good at this point.... never experimented with this because of costly hardware.... may be some other member can put some light on the Load Balancing point..

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. NO .. 2 diff. ISP can't be linked together ...

Again ... a single ISP providing two diff. conn. can only be linked together if they support multilink negotiation .. u can contact ur ISP for this info ..

hey u can have the greatest bandwidth that u r going thrgh u r 2 way connection.........i think bsnl broadban will solve u r problem..................check its new plans .................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom