Using Blackberry without BIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
Hi all..

I am thinking of buying Blackberry Curve 8900. I wanted to know if i can use features like Mail, IM and browser without activating the Airtel/Vodafone Blackberry Plans..

The BB Plans are very expensive.:sad: Its far cheaper to use Airtel Mobile Office.

Are there any hacks to make it work with mobile office? Any BB users here??

Tamoghno

Padawan
Then why use blackberry ? Just get an e71 and use nokia email , awesome push email experience for almost any email account.

MSR@THNIK

Broken In
If you dont want to use blackberry plan or think its too costy than why buy bb curve you can get nokia e71 or even e75

nikhilpai

Techans
Technically.... is it possible to use a Blackberry with Airtel Mobile Office for checking POP3 emails & browsing net, etc ? I mean is there an option to setup an email account without using BIS ?

k4ce

Youngling
yes , technically its possible ... the point people are trying to make is that you would still be paying so much extra for the handset when compared to a say, e-series for instance ....

nikhilpai

Techans
From what I have heard is that if you have a Blackberry without BIS..... but having a regular data plan like Airtel Mobile Office:
1. You cannot use the Blackberry Mail client even for pull mail (push mail obviously won't be possible)
2. You can't use the Blackberry Internet Browser
3. You cannot use Blackberry Messaging such as inbuilt Google Talk

You need to install programs such as:
1. Opera Mini for Internet browsing
2. Gmail Java app for email.
3. Third party IM programs for IM

Pls confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom