Using an old PSU with a new build?

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Was this cooler easy to install on your mobo?did you run into any unexpected glitches or hangups while attempting to install it?

Also whats the difference between the regular gamaxx 400 and gamaxx 400 pro?
Since this was the first time installing a tower cooler, it took me almost a day of three trail and errors to figure it out. Wish the instructions were more detailed. Main problem was that I couldn't find this cooler installation on Youtube. Looks like 2 vs 1 fan. Get the PRO if you are planning to, and read the schematics and compare it with the orientation repeatedly!

quicky008

Technomancer
ok,and is this cooler suitable for CPUs with high TDP eg Ryzen 2700x?Or can it only cool those CPUs effectively having TDP>90W.

Since this was the first time installing a tower cooler, it took me almost a day of three trail and errors to figure it out. Wish the instructions were more detailed. Main problem was that I couldn't find this cooler installation on Youtube. Looks like 2 vs 1 fan. Get the PRO if you are planning to, and read the schematics and compare it with the orientation repeatedly!
By the way, are the cooler fans in push-pull configuration? Like front fan (fan facing front of case) is pushing air into the radiator whereas the back fan is pulling it out of the radiator?

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
By the way, are the cooler fans in push-pull configuration? Like front fan (fan facing front of case) is pushing air into the radiator whereas the back fan is pulling it out of the radiator?
Yes, exactly. Planning to add two fans at the cabinet top, one pulling in air and the one behind it pushing out air.

ok,and is this cooler suitable for CPUs with high TDP eg Ryzen 2700x?Or can it only cool those CPUs effectively having TDP>90W.
Not really sure dude. Try it with a good thermal compound and see. If it doesn't suffice, Amazon's 10 day return policy hain na.

Yes, exactly. Planning to add two fans at the cabinet top, one pulling in air and the one behind it pushing out air.

Not really sure dude. Try it with a good thermal compound and see. If it doesn't suffice, Amazon's 10 day return policy hain na.
I was asking about the 2 fans on your CPU cooler, which is likely the case though.

For fans at the top of cabinet, better configure it to push air out of the cabinet as hot air tends to rise up, better not go against physics.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I was asking about the 2 fans on your CPU cooler, which is likely the case though.

For fans at the top of cabinet, better configure it to push air out of the cabinet as hot air tends to rise up, better not go against physics.
2or3 x120mm or 140mm front intake fans for intake, 2or3 x120mm or 140mm top exhaust fans for exhaust and 1 x120mm or 140mm rear exhaust fan for exhaust are standard on almost all cabinets.

In the above mode the air will be sucked from the front and blown out from the top and rear.

So there won't be any hot air inside the cabinet.

As the GPUs will have 2 or 3 fan versions which will automatically cool the graphics cards by setting the fan curves.

And regarding CPU fan setup
One 120mm x25mm fan will be used as push and another 120mm x25mm fan will be used as pull

So thats why its called push pull setup.
This completes the cooling setup in the cabinet.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan

CPU cooler fans are push-pull.

Top Bottom