Using an old PSU with a new build?

Many people have reported temps in 80s during gaming with R5 3600, so might be similar for R5 3500. Stress tests aren't realistic for most. 50-60C seems a bit high for idle though.

Many have praised this cheap cooler compared to Wraith Stealth along with a cheap & good thermal paste like Arctic MX4:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B01HLAB80C/?coliid=I32LG7SH7AO4KF&colid=33YJTDVPO6E9Z&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Many people have reported temps in 80s during gaming with R5 3600, so might be similar for R5 3500. Stress tests aren't realistic for most. 50-60C seems a bit high for idle though.

Many have praised this cheap cooler compared to Wraith Stealth along with a cheap & good thermal paste like Arctic MX4:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B01HLAB80C/?coliid=I32LG7SH7AO4KF&colid=33YJTDVPO6E9Z&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Are one of these better?
1597854907853.png

Are one of these better?
View attachment 19449
Not sure. When I was searching for a cheap cooler, the one I linked was praised by many. For higher budget, I suggest CM Hyper 212 Black (4.2k) or normal Hyper 212 at 2.8k or so..

But looking at them, it might perform similarly with just an RGB fan attached. If you want to buy one of those, get Cooler Master one.

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Have a doubt. Got this cooler. Should the plastic mounting bracket which goes behind the mobo be attached via the cabinet or directly to the mobo? Currently I have directly attached it to the mobo and wondering if I should have done it via the cabinet.
1599727773235.png

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
I assumed for heavy ones like Noctua dh15, it would be through the case so as to not bend or damage the board.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Off-topic:

Sorta interesting how MediaCrooks turned out. Used to agree with them, still do mostly. But something needs to be done with their victim complex these days. Sorta disingenuous to say that "NDTV" and "Aaj Tak" are the only "mediacrooks" around these days.

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Did you experience any drop in temps after using the aftermarket cooler?
I used a cheap thermal compund.

Idle:
Stock: 65C
Deepcool: 45C

Gaming:
Stock: 80C
Deepcool: 60C

Prime95:
Stock: 95C
Deepcool: 88C

Would have got this one for 3.9K, just discovered it after this Deepcool's return period finished.
*www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-MA621P-MAP-D6PN-218PC-R2-CPU/dp/B07DPQ9MJS

I used a cheap thermal compund.

Idle:
Stock: 65C
Deepcool: 45C

Gaming:
Stock: 80C
Deepcool: 60C

Prime95:
Stock: 95C
Deepcool: 88C

Would have got this one for 3.9K, just discovered it after this Deepcool's return period finished.
*www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-MA621P-MAP-D6PN-218PC-R2-CPU/dp/B07DPQ9MJS
That one is for TR4, not AM4. At 4k or so, CM Hyper 212 Black is an easy recommendation.

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Oh yeah, missed that. Ryzen. I just figured 2.6k with two fans was pretty good. Maybe a better thermal paste will give an even bigger delta.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, missed that. Ryzen. I just figured 2.6k with two fans was pretty good. Maybe a better thermal paste will give an even bigger delta.

Sadly not many reviews for such cheap products. CM Hyper 212 Black is considered a budget cooler by many in Western countries. 2 fans might seem better to have but is not always the case, things are usually not so simple.

For example for camera, MP doesn't matter, my S8's 12MP cam can easily outperform many 64MP cams on phones.

Comparing that Deepcool one to CM one I suggested, I can see that CM one has twice the heat pipes between the CPU & radiator, which definitely helps. Maybe that single pre-installed fan can move more air than those 2 fans combined.

The temps you are getting are good actually, so definitely more than enough for you. Maybe try on CPU intensive games, like AC Odyssey, BFV, R6, etc, if temps are under 80C, good enough. Maybe after a year when the paste starts to dry up a bit & you see higher temps, get a good thermal paste, Arctic MX4 is a good cheap paste, costs 500 or so.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo used to be the legendary cooler where as nowadays Hyper 212 Black edition is.
But as an alternative Deepcool offers many good solutions to the very costly Cooler Master Series.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

quicky008

Technomancer
Already using it :)

Was this cooler easy to install on your mobo?did you run into any unexpected glitches or hangups while attempting to install it?

Also whats the difference between the regular gamaxx 400 and gamaxx 400 pro?

Top Bottom