Used rMBP at such a Price is it Possible ?

Kvishal

In the zone
Hi Guys,

Wanted to ask you guys this, The Official Apple Macbook Pro Retina starts around 1,45,000/- for the base version. I thought of checking out at what price is for a slightly used one on sites like OLX. To my utter shock and disbelief I see a lot of such ADS having been posted there who are selling it at as low as 40,000/- now how on earth is that possible ?? And a couple of them are even saying it is Brand new and sealed !! Sounds absolutely unbelievable had it been used I could have understood but Brand new? And even for a used one is 40,000/- a right price ? I mean can it get sold at such a low price ? sounds fishy ! and suspicious or is it ok ? I know computers and Laptops are such a product which get depreciated hugely but still 40,000/- for a product which was released a year back at 1,50,000/- should I get in to it ? or does it sound suspicious ?

All these products are Mid-2013 or Late-2013 release so the specifications are also of those dates. Roughly a year old. Please Advise guys ! should I even get in to it or it could be all very much a scam !!

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Fraud People on OLX/ OLX scam

Is this olx listing genuine or not??? - Dost and Dimes Forum at DesiDime

sniperz1

Journeyman
I gifted a new sealed pack Mac pro 13" Retina 512 SSD GB model for 1,17,000 to my gf. That seller was offering COD too and I insisted on local pickup so that I could check serial number through apple customer care for its genuine and originality. In the end I got a good bargain, 18k less than the official market price ;)

But if you see a 1.5 Lac product sealed being sold at 40k. Just ignore it. Its a scam.

Only go for OLX ads who give indian phone numbers and always call them up instead emails. Insist on local hand to hand delivery for thorough checking before purchase.

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
Yes Guys Thanks for thr reply. Turned out to be a scam looks like some Afrcian GUys running this scam. I asked them I would like physically inspect the product before I buy it says we ship from England so not possible. I said F**K yourself and get lost...No reply further lol !

But jokes apart if it is a Late-2013 rMBP used model, how much should I get it at ? What Price Looks like a Realistic Price ?

Top Bottom