Usb WiFi adaptor not working

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Hello everyone, I have recently bought a tenda 150M wireless USB adaptor and its failing to show up in windows 10. I installed the drivers but no luck. Someone please help.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

patkim

Cyborg Agent
  1. Are you plugging it to USB 2 or USB 3 port on your PC /Laptop? (My TPLink adapter is just not recognized on USB 3 ports at all even though theoretically all USB 3 ports are backward compatible with USB 2)
  2. When you insert it into USB 2 port what does the device manager show? Does it show some device as possible ‘wireless adapter’ under Network adapters section or does it show some ‘unknown device’ somewhere, or absolutely nothing appears, what if you hit Scan for Hardware Changes?
  3. How did you install drivers/ did you just click some exe and let it do the job or did you select it from some inf file? If former try inf file method if it’s available.
  4. If you have another PC/Laptop or may be a friends PC try it out on that too.
  5. When you go to Network settings do you see any item listed as WiFi therein?

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Thank you everyone my problem has been solved. I updated my windows 10 and checked the device manager where I was able to install the correct driver.
One thing to note that even after I installed the driver from the CD, it showed 802.11N Usb wireless adaptor but didn't seem to connect to my WiFi hotspot.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom