USB problem.PlZ helppp....

Status
Not open for further replies.

medigit

In the zone
hey guys,
i have got Inte 865 GBF Orig.Mobo and I-Box Cabinet .my Mobo has 8 USB ports .four on backside and 4 on the frontside.now when i open the frontside area where the USB sockets should be present i see that there is no port.i saw from the manual that 4 usb r in the mobo.i want to get the ports on frontside so that i can attach USB cables comfortably and easily .PLZ help.do i need to purchase wires to connect from Mobo to frontside of the cabinet.plz help.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well u mean that there are USB Sockets and No ports?? or Vice versa ???? well may b ur Vendor ddnt put the Ports in the Front Panel ...the USB Ports r not expensive......they need to b conected to Mobo to b working....so u just take ur mobo to ur vendor..n he'll fix the prob in no time... 8 USB means 4 Attached to mobo n Provision for 4 More... more about ur mobo specs Here

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
i mean the front panel has nothing( air only :oops: ).no socket.nothing to plug in.what is the wire(name) to buy.

rohanbee

Padawan
Just get a new usb cable , my drive had a free one with it............other wise get it from any vendor and get it installed.

As promised to you heres a pic:-

*images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0000DG4WP.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
rs 200-300 for each cable .which means for 3 slots i need t opay Rs 600-900.is there any cheap solution to it.so the cable u have shown rohan ,one end of it will be plugged to Mobo and other to the front panel.am i right?.3 such cables inside the mobo :?: .

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
come on Guys help.i face a lot of problem with the USB wires already present.One for USB printer , One for Reliance MObile.so i need the USB sockets installed on the front panel.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@medigit
take ur machine to your dealer and ask him to fix the ports in the front panel. normally 2 usb ports can be fixed on the front panel by attaching the ports with the help of wires which are connected to the front panel usb receivers on the motherboard.

check your motherboard diagram for more info. all intel board have this diagram which is very helpful.

the whole setup will not cost more than 100/- bucks i suppose.

Tech&ME

Banned
Mr. medigit it seems to me that you are completely new to this. By default if you have space for USB Ports and Audio Ports on your front panel of your Cabinet , they come attached.

But as per your query, it seems they are missing, right. So, u have two solutions now.

1. Just go to the market ( depends upon where you live ), and purchase a two USB Port , now this can have combined single SOCKET or Separate SOCKETS (again depends upon your cabinet style) - Rs. 200 max. should cost you.

2. Alternatively get a USB HUB (4 Ports) and convert your existing port ( any one ) to 4 ports. Cost you - Rs 100 max.

For the installation of 1 above, you will have to simple fix the port into your cabinet and take the wire and put it in the USB1 or USB2 (front panel) headers of your motherboard, refer to your motherboard manual for more help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom