usb keyboard has to be reinstalled at every other startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

yash

I draw every day
i have a compaq presarion 5600 desktop from jan 2003. it came with windows xp home. but i had uninstalled it and now i have windows xp home(sp2) that came with my laptop. of late(about a week now) the keyboard is having problems. firstly i thought it was with the connector, so i removed it and put the keyboard on another usb port. after each restart the keyboard would stop responding. after all 4 of my usb ports refused to take accept the keyboard, i downloaded the driver from the hp website. but the driver is for windows xp without sp2. and even now, every next time that i start my pc, the human interface device in the device manager shows an error.i have to uninstall it and restart my pc.the column shows 2 "usb human interface device"2 hid compliand consumer control devices and 6 hid compliand device. is this normal? i have no clue as to what i can do now.
over to u guys

OP
yash

yash

I draw every day
i think the problem started aftr installing ipod shuffle on my pc.because when i tried to connect the ipod yestrday it wouldnt be detected either so i had 2 reinstall it too.

V

vishal_bhatia87

The problem persist because you replace the default files that are factory installed with one that comes with your laptop (Correct me if iam wrong). So the appropriate drivers for the keyboard was not installed. To solve this problem you have to reinstall the OS with cds witch are bundled with your branded pc and dont install the service pack 2 after doing this.

OP
yash

yash

I draw every day
yash said:
i think the problem started aftr installing ipod shuffle on my pc.because when i tried to connect the ipod yestrday it wouldnt be detected either so i had 2 reinstall it too.
well like i said! the problem wasnt there until about 4 months after installing the new os.it just struck last week. and i cant even do system restore to fix it because the restore operation fails every time.

OP
yash

yash

I draw every day
okay i had 2 bump my thrd bcoz i m sick of usin on-screen kbd and noone has helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom