USB driver for Sun Solaris 10

SOURIN

Broken In
Hi .... recently i installed sun solaris 10 in a Dell Optiplex 780 model but unable to use it with USB mouse and KB (only possibility as it does not have PS2 support) and stood stranded in login terminal. Somebody can help me with the concerned driver for usb for sun solaris 10 please.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Man, that is one obscure OS. I doubt anyone here knows how to get and run drivers for that.

Also, I don't know if you are aware, but Sun is no more since Oracle acquired Sun back in 2010. Since then Solaris has become completely closed source and not publicly available without purchasing a license. Which makes me wonder how you got your copy of it.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have no much knowledge of both (Sun Solaris 10 as well as Dell 780) however still just a small suggestion to check if there's any xHCI handoff (For USB 3) / eHCI handoff (for USB 2) setting in BIOS. Fiddle with its values (Enabled/Disabled) and give it a try.

OP
S

SOURIN

Broken In
Thanks for the above suggestions but basically i need a usb driver for sun solaris 10 as the OS don't support any. Thanks.

Top Bottom