• Taga Harmony Platinum C-100 + S-100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wharfedale Diamond 240C + DFS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sahil Verma

Right off the assembly line
Dear community,

After years of patience, research and savings, I am building my dream 5.2.1 HT setup.
Please have a look at the components and provide your highly valuable suggestions comments.
Much thanks and appreciation for all the help :)

Room: 14*18 feet with double height (hut shaped) ceiling with some cutouts (8 corners). Glass in many places. Acoustically challenging.

What I listen to: Mostly EDM, hindi/punjabi songs and movies

Sound Signature: I like tight, punchy and detailed bass, not over the top and definitely not boomy. A slightly
warm signature is preferrred rather than reference or neutral

Components I have decided:

1. Front L/R : Crystal Acoustics T3
TX-T3SE-BL

2. Subwoofer: B&W PV1D

3. Center: Either the Taga Harmony Platinum C-100 or the Wharfedale 240C

4. Surround L/R: Either the Taga Harmony Platinum S-100 or the Wharfedale DFS

5. Height Channels: Sony SS-CS5

6. Cables: C&E 12AWG

7. AVR: Yamaha RX-V685 or the Denon X2400H (Please advise the better one. Better for music. Movies are second priority)

*www.amazon.in/12AWG-Enhanced-Oxyge..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=YFA5M5H5EEV0ZRM1GRG1

Out of all these components, I have only <almost> bought the Crystal Acoustics T3. I need to make a purchase ASAP due to some constraints. So, please guide me. Thanks Again.

My queries are:

1. Which surround/ center speakers to buy? Which will timbre match with my front L/R speakers?
The Taga looks better specs wise but I want the better product.
The difference of 12K in the 2 choices is immaterial :-D

2. IS the height channel I have settled on fine? I wanted somewhat of different speakers as compared to my front L/R speakers; so that I can enjoy a different sound signature for stereo listening when the mood presents itself :)

3. The cables fine? Please advise better 12 AWG wires if not.
Also, need premium looking (preferably black) banana plugs

4.The most expensive component B&W PV1D is really expensive (170K FFS). How can i get it for a little bit cheaper (with warranty)

5. The Crystal Acoustics T3 will be bought from HTStore.in . I really liked those speakers after an audition. I am just skeptical as to why these did not sell yet. Did you get a chance to audition these? or are you aware of any problems with these speakers?

Please advise. Much love for all the help :)

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am not an audiophile (yet), so can't be of more help here. But calling @sam9s, who have an experience of building a home theater system. I hope he's active.

Top Bottom