Urgently need a laptop for basic use!

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Around 15k. Not more than that.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
14" or 15" inch, lightest possible.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Web surfing, MS office, movies. No multi-tasking etc.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Nope. I don't even need big storage. Even the 32GB SD laptops would do. However, if I can get 500GB that would be great.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Any brand, the laptop should be good.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
I checked out RDP 1430-EC1, and it looks good for my needs and within budget. However, I don't think RDP laptops are available in any go to stores. If anyone has any experience about these, let me know:

*www.amazon.in/RDP-ThinBook-1430-EC1-Ultraslim-Metallic/dp/B0788VKCZS

Please recommend some good options.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Get this
Asus EeeBook Celeron Dual Core - (2 GB/32 GB EMMC Storage/Windows 10 Home) E402NA-GA022T Laptop Rs.14990 Price in India - Buy Asus EeeBook Celeron Dual Core - (2 GB/32 GB EMMC Storage/Windows 10 Home) E402NA-GA022T Laptop Blue Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think that should have an empty 2.5" hdd bay with support for 7mm height HDD. Using an SSD on this processor would be a waste of money IMO.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Yes, it has an empty 2.5" hdd bay (checked on youtube).
@SaiyanGoku yes, the SSD may underperform but I have one just lying at my home right now. So it is anyways better than buying a new HDD.

I guess this laptop meets all my need and I should order it straight away. Thank you!

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Bought it, used it and now thinking how to resolve its low RAM problem. I didn't know that there are laptops these days which comes with soldered RAM modules. This one (Asus E402N) doesn't have RAM slots to upgrade the in built 2GB memory (AFAIK, there is very less information on internet for this model).
Once I install the SSD, would it make some improvement if I create virtual memory area on it? I know it wouldn't be as fast as an actual RAM, but still has anyone given a try?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
SSDs are not meant to be used with Virtual memory. Less the operation on SSD, the better.
You can try creating RAM disk instead if you have a spare Pen drive lying around. Does the laptop support USB 3.0? If yes, you can try the RAM disk.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
hmm I see. yes it has USB 3.0 (and a USB 3.1 Type-C too, I was surprised to get it in a 12k laptop lol). I'll give it a try..

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Seems like we regret when we buy things in a hurry :(

lol yes, but in this case I don't. I really wanted a super-budget computer for basic tasks which it is completely capable of, I am just trying to get the best out of it now. I knew that there would be some compromises, considering the price I paid.

Reactions: nac
Top Bottom