[URGENT] SE K320i shows a incoming file from unknown source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have observed this over past two days that my office mobile SE K320i , displays a incoming file with the name as zclyz8p9.sis or something similar which I reject immediately. I happen to notice this when I reach home. How to prevent this from happening again apart from turning off the bluetooth on the phone. Also my brother and my father have bluetooth enabled mobiles, ASUS P750(WinMo) and Moto V3i .

Please let me know the precautions I need to take to avoid such incidents in future.

Power UP

In the zone
"zclyz8p9.sis" is probably an symbian file (could be an virus for the older symbian os).

SE K320i,ASUS P750 and Moto V3i don't support symbian. So you will probably get an format not supported when you try to open the file.

As for ur bluetooth query, you can set ur bluetooth device as "Hidden" & use the Paired device feature for accepting connections from only the phones u have paired up with.
But i would suggest u to turn it off when not in use, as it will drain battery faster.

Charan note:
ASUS P750 is an win mobile, which installs files with "CAB" extension or more.
Is it possible to execute a file in win mobile if the files extension has been changed from "CAB" to "SIS".

If u didn't get what i am trying to convey here is for example if u rename an MP3 media file extension to SIS etc. and try to open the file then some media players still can play it.

If win mobile supports execution even if the extension is changed then be very careful as it can be an win mobile virus,
If not just use "Hidden" feature mentioned above.

And Charan if possible never accept any file from an untrusted source no matter how nice the incoming file sounds :D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yup it's a symbian file or in disguise maybe cab.
Just use bluetooth when u require it, switch it off the other times.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Its a symbian virus which detects BT devices near it and sends itself.. Though it can't harm anything other than symbian phone.. Someone in your locality has this virus.. I'm sure, it can't affect a SE phone..

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks for the reply guys specially Power Up. Point noted.
Will ask other question later.. damn im late "again" for my office .. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom