Urgent! PS portable Slim and Light or Phat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
I am desperate to buy a psp, for movies mostly. But being a gamer, I would use it for gaming extensively. My questions are:

1. Can I play downloaded games on new PSP Lite, without any modifications?

2. If no, what should I do to play the downloaded games on the PSP Lite (3000)?

3. Most Important, Where should I get the PSP Unit in Mumbai, possibly on the western line near malad? At ebay I am getting at 8500. If modded versions are available, I am interested.

4. Is it better to get old phat one for games? I heard the new one cannot play downloaded games from MS.?

Please provide answers, I am very curious and desperate to buy psp. Actually I was buying an n-gage powered nokia mobile, but then psp caught my attention, and now its only psp for me..

Thanks in advance.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
PSP 2000 it was almost moddable newer mobos cannot be modded however.
if u are lucky enough u may find 1000 model (Phat) it has still got many good features like IR etc
Slim runs games very smothly with faster loading times

both versions can handle movies with ease

also , did u consider buying a DS lite ? or DSi ?
the new version has 2 cameras and both screen touchscreen

also have a look here
*vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php

psp has exellent grafix and sound but DS is something really different

I am desperate to buy a psp, for movies mostly. But being a gamer, I would use it for gaming extensively. My questions are:

1. Can I play downloaded games on new PSP Lite, without any modifications?

2. If no, what should I do to play the downloaded games on the PSP Lite (3000)?

3. Most Important, Where should I get the PSP Unit in Mumbai, possibly on the western line near malad? At ebay I am getting at 8500. If modded versions are available, I am interested.

4. Is it better to get old phat one for games? I heard the new one cannot play downloaded games from MS.?

Please provide answers, I am very curious and desperate to buy psp. Actually I was buying an n-gage powered nokia mobile, but then psp caught my attention, and now its only psp for me..

Thanks in advance.

1. You cannot play ahem Backup Copies of your "purchased" games on unmodified Phat version either

2. You can have it modded for as low as 10$ from local dealer or if u are enthusiast enough then have a visit at www.codejunkies.com and buy Datel tool "Red" or "Blue" depending on your psp version

3. i dont live in mumbai

4.Both have same games , new version however got faster loading times than old (more ram)

Last edited:

shri

Always Fresh!
First of all, there are 3 versions of PSP
PSP 1000 known as phat/fat,
PSP 2000 Slim and Lite,
PSP 3000 Brite.

1. You cannot play downloaded games in any PSP version without modding ( installing CFW ).
2. To play full version games in PSP 3000, you will have to buy original UMDs. There is no other way as of now.
3. I always prefer to buy from authorized Sony Center. For modded PSP 2000 model, try ebay or your local chor bazaar.
4. You would be really lucky to get a phat these days. Maybe a second hand version as production has been stopped long back.

I say, buy PSP 2000 with a manufactured date of Sep or Aug. You can definitely mod it and enjoy its full power.
Cheers

OP
N

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
So its decided I would get a 2000 version, which is slim as well as compitable for CFW. Now one question remans.
Where in mumbai can I get it at lowest price? I tried at anupam superstore, they quoted 10,700 for modded, + 4 gb card. Natraj market didn't help, quoting as high as 11800.

Mumbai guys, pls help me out.

And thanks max and shri for helping choose the model....

OP
N

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
Got cheated. I got a 2004 piano black psp from a shop in mumbai central. The box pack didnot mention any version of software. And when I opened I found it to be 4.01. WTF. What am I supposed to do now....
Is there any freeware games available for psp?? Except demos? I will have to work with that now...

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
try using a program called despertar el cementario.it converts any version of the supported psp to custom firmware. use at ur own risk though.i used despertar to convert my 3.8 original to 3.8 m33-3

OP
N

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
try using a program called despertar el cementario.it converts any version of the supported psp to custom firmware. use at ur own risk though.i used despertar to convert my 3.8 original to 3.8 m33-3

Heey..

Thanks for pointing out. but this one doesn't downgrade from 4.00 And mine is 4.01.

Anyways, is there a way to get the demos of gta vicecity, liberty city, and Midnight Club on my psp?

silenthill84

psp modifier
nope.. too bad u got new ta-088v3 mobo that cant be cracked.
shitt i should have joine this site before its great. actually im willing to sell my FAT PSP(5.00m33) for Rs.5500 with original sandisk 4gb memory stick. anybody interested???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom