Urgent.. New MB required

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilip281

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

my old mb conked out four days ago and the repair guy is unable to fix it. i desperately need a new mb before withdrawl symptoms set in. i have an athlonxp 1800+ processor, 1152(1 gb + 128) mb ddr ram, with a 120 gb samsung pata hdd. i would like to have a pci-x based integrated a/v solution, with provision for both sata/pata raid capability. the new mb should be able to hold on its own against other mbs for atleast another 2 yrs, featurewise, though i wouldnt insist on it.

since this would be the second time i am replacing my mb (the present mb gave me lot of problems, spending as much time in repair as at home), i would REALLY like it to be perfect, quality-wise. my budget is upto 8000 for it. do not recommend any msi boards, since the previous two mbs were msi.

can somebody help me?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Dump the Athlon XP Processor, you can sell it for a descent price. Seriously consider buying s754 AMD 64 2800+ and Asus K8V-MX, it costs exactly 8k in most parts of the country and availability wont be an issue. It falls in your budget pretty well. The performance gain would be quite considerable and you can use all the old peripherals on the new combo. It has three years of warranty, if you were wondering.

The board has onboard video/audio/lan and since its from Asus, they are the best.

OP
D

dilip281

Right off the assembly line
Thanks

dear sourabh,

thanks, man. i will think of your suggestion to dump the processor. the mb has all the right features i want but its not pci-x based. i am really quite hung up on that one coz pci is being phased out and it is going to be standard on all mbs very soon.

let me know of any other combos that you might think of (not necessarily of amd) within the same budget.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
I think u r out of luk at least for now... for pcie u have to get a athlon64 939 pin 3000+which alone costs around 7k nd the cheapest pcie mobo i know is "MSI" rs 480l i2..... which retails for around 4.3 k

U can go for agp..absolutely no problem i see com by the time pcie prevails...ur pc will be obsolete anyway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom