URGENT - Monitor for MacBook M1

Dr. House

No Regrets
Need a high contrast 24 inch monitor that should be compatible to connect with my MacBook Air M1 and can also get connect with my PS4 HDMI. So should have an audio jack as well.

Thanks!

DestGod

Journeyman
Questionnaire for TV/Monitor purchase queries

Fill this.

Below 10k, there are 60hz IPS panels that don't have the best color reproduction. For 15k, the LG GN650 is a good monitor, with 144hz and 99% sRGB.

Additionally, you will need a USB Type C to HDMI adapter.

How is BenQ GW2485TC 24-inch with type-c video support for mac and for 18k
Overpriced

Buy a normal monitor & get HDMI to type C adapter or dongle.

I personally bought it for parents, found it good enough, better than Dell 24" 1080p IPS option at that price (this has poor contrast ratio & response time):
*www.amazon.in/Samsung-inch-Bezel-Flicker-Monitor-LF24T350FHWXXL/dp/B08J82K4GX/

This seems decent for mac:
*www.amazon.in/pibox-India-Aluminium-Compatible-Chromebook/dp/B07SVVR598/

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Consider a 29 inch ultrawide.
*www.amazon.in/LG-UltraWide-73-inch...jAuMDAifQ==&sprefix=ultrawide+,aps,340&sr=8-3

Or get the LG GN650.
1. Budget? Around 15-16k
2. Display type and size? 24 inch 1080p
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? Macbook M1 second monitor and PS4
4. Types and number of ports required? 2 HDMI or have type-C
5. Preferred choice of brand? Any brand that provide good services
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration? BenQ GW2485TC
7. Any other info that you want to share. Monitor should have great contrast, preference is glossy VA panel.
Consider a 29 inch ultrawide.
*www.amazon.in/LG-UltraWide-73-inch...jAuMDAifQ==&sprefix=ultrawide+,aps,340&sr=8-3

Or get the LG GN650.
Ultrawide sucks in PS4 as it supports upto 1920x1080p

Thanks! Any advantage of having 1ms response and 144Hz for PS4 Slim gaming?

Any advantage of watching action movies through VLC player on mac with this LG 144Hz monitor?
Should be none as that console runs new games at 720p 30fps, I think. Most very old games also run at 30fps from what I know. IF you upgrade your console to even XB Series S, you will be able to run few light games at 1080p 120fps.

Suggested that gaming monitor for good colours (100% sRGB with decent contrast ratio) & multiple ports. The Samsung one I suggested earlier should be as good as LG one for colours, but has just 1 HDMI port. The other port is VGA, should find converters to convert VGA to HDMI, but not sure if there are any losses in quality or anything.

Also height adjustment will come in handy as you have the budget.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
May I know your location? I'm selling off my Acer VG240YS with more than 1 year 4 months warranty left.

Sent from my moto g82 5G using Tapatalk

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Should be none as that console runs new games at 720p 30fps, I think. Most very old games also run at 30fps from what I know. IF you upgrade your console to even XB Series S, you will be able to run few light games at 1080p 120fps.

Suggested that gaming monitor for good colours (100% sRGB with decent contrast ratio) & multiple ports. The Samsung one I suggested earlier should be as good as LG one for colours, but has just 1 HDMI port. The other port is VGA, should find converters to convert VGA to HDMI, but not sure if there are any losses in quality or anything.

Also height adjustment will come in handy as you have the budget.
New games are running at 1920 x 1080p on my 4K TV with my PS4 slim. I will upgrade to upcoming PS5 Pro next year maybe. I prefer exclusive PS games over Xbox.

Any advantage of watching content like netflix or vlc player through mac on this LG 144Hz monitor ?

New games are running at 1920 x 1080p on my 4K TV with my PS4 slim. I will upgrade to upcoming PS5 Pro next year maybe. I prefer exclusive PS games over Xbox.

Any advantage of watching content like netflix or vlc player through mac on this LG 144Hz monitor ?
As mentioned, good colours with good enough contrast ratio for an IPS panel. PS5 - might be able to run games at 1080p 120fps if Sony decides to unlock games for it, but no one knows. Mostly they have MP games only to run at 120fps from what I heard, can be wrong.

Top Bottom