urgent! ! laptop buying advice needed

itsaashish

Broken In
I've been looking to get a laptop for around 60000INR and zeroed in on two of the following..which do you think I should buy ..any other laptop that you can suggest would be great!

I don't want to buy another lap for next two years so wanna stick with the latest technology.
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-y5...tracker=search&pageNum=1&query=lenovo+laptops

*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-z5...tracker=search&pageNum=1&query=lenovo+laptops

I'm not an avid gamer but still play games like gta when free.
Please suggest.

nandu26

In the zone
Lenovo y510p seems to be a good one but you can also consider following

HP Pavilion 15-n208tx (corei5/4 gb/1tb/2 GB RAM) - 48k
Dell 5537 corei7/8gb/1tb - 60k-69k (seems costly)

ravi847

Journeyman
consider this
Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph)

8850 is more powerful than 750m---Here
Also nvidia recently released the 800 series graphics cards for laptops so if you can find one of those go for it.

Y510p

- - - Updated - - -

consider this
Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph)

8850 is more powerful than 750m---Here
Also nvidia recently released the 800 series graphics cards for laptops so if you can find one of those go for it.

Y510p has GT755M..........
It seems 8850M has been improved by driver updates.........

But still its inconsistent fps while gaming doesn't live upto its rank
*www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

In games like GRID 2, Crysis 3, Bioshock infinite & Metro last light, you can see that GT650M outperforms 8850M........ So even GT750M can be considered better

vito scalleta

In the zone
The Dell laptop has a ULV proccy. so you can go with y510 or z510
y510 would be better if u r that into gaming. Otherwise z510 with i7 proccessor and the 8gb ssd would be the best choice for every day usage
one other thing to consider is the screen resolution . y510p has full hd bt z510 does not.

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
whats the big benefit of z510 with SSD over y510p..i've seen people recommending to go with SSD

8 GB ssd is just a cache so it won't do you much good but if you can replace Hdd in y510p with a ssd then the machine will become awesome.
Simply put, with a full fledged ssd(64gb+) your laptop won't hang no matter what.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
The 8gb SSD only speeds up program startup and the boot time. For best results replace the hdd with a full fledged ssd w which is fairly easy in Lenovo laptops.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
-1 to Dell Inspiron 15/15R.
Apparently this laptop is good for nothing but torrenting.
Even if you update the drivers to get better framerates, the laptop itself has many issues with non-OEM drivers. They completely trash the boot up processes of the laptop.
Besides AMD still not as reliable in the laptop segment as Nvidia.(NFS Rivals and COD:Ghosts refuse to give respectable framerates) Get Y510p and be done with it.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
[MENTION=279123]itsaashish[/MENTION] , good choice. I bought this too. Where are you getting it from ?
I ordered it online from the dostore.

8 GB ssd is just a cache so it won't do you much good but if you can replace Hdd in y510p with a ssd then the machine will become awesome.
Simply put, with a full fledged ssd(64gb+) your laptop won't hang no matter what.

Hey, doesn't the Y510p have an empty mSATA port ??? My Y500 has one.

US edition of Y500 had 16GB SSD also preinstalled. So I checked for an empty slot in my laptop & found one........
*www.onlyssd.com/ssd-interface/buy-msata-ssd.html

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hey, doesn't the Y510p have an empty mSATA port ??? My Y500 has one.

US edition of Y500 had 16GB SSD also preinstalled. So I checked for an empty slot in my laptop & found one........
*www.onlyssd.com/ssd-interface/buy-msata-ssd.html

Y510p has m.2 ngff.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Dostore claims flipkart and snapdeal and Amazon are not their authorized reseller here in India. What's the implications of that? Anyone has any clue?
Strange that Dostore did not accept CC... Mine was Mastercard and the purchase went in smooth

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
All i can suggest is that if u are looking for a sturdy and rough and tuff laptop then stick to lenove as its reviews are its become tht No. 1 Computer / Laptop Brand in the world which till last year was HP

and On a personal suggestion Buy Lenovo Ideapad Y510P its like u will have a great rig with awesome looks.

u can also check for AMD variants of the same laptop u will find them cheaper with more performance squeezed in for a lesser price than Intel

Don't go with AMD. AMD is trash for laptop market. The highest end AMD CPU is at par with core i3. AMD GPUs cause many booting problems. Always stick to Nvidia and Intel. Besides Y510p doesn't have AMD.

Top Bottom