Urgent help required . . . Want to flash BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay4u

In the zone
I had once posted my problem . . .

Hello,

Whnever i start my system, after the POST routines i get an error message stating "BIOS checksum error, Press F4 to resume". And after pressing F4 i am taken to the BIOS menu where I have to do nothing. Just press Esc key and the system starts.

Please if anyone knows what can be the solution then let me know. Should I change the CMOS battery ? This problem is really irritating me . . . Sad

The reply i got was
1. CMOS battery to be changed
2. Flash the BIOS

Now i have replaced the CMOS battery . . . but still the problem consists . . . What should i do. How to flash the BIOS. . . I have Intel original 845GBV motherboard. 2 months back i have upgraded the BIOS. If anyone knows how to flash BIOS please reply . . .

Awaiting

technoteen

Journeyman
dont go after flashing your bios first try out these steps

: remove and replace your cmos battery after waiting for 5 minutes
: go to bios options and use the set biosdefaults option
: go to bios option and search for "System BIOS Cacheable" option and disable it

if still the problem persists then please reply again
flashing of bios is simple but a dangerous job cause a failure can render your mb unuseable (although i have flashed mine twice)

Kannan

In the zone
Yeah technoteen is right.

Go for Set BIOS Defaults, if that doesn't work then think the other solutions.

OP
jay4u

jay4u

In the zone
Thanks . . .

I cannot find the entry System BIOS cacheable in my BIOS. But i install the latest BIOS upgrade from intel.com. It seems to work fine for now. Hope the problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom